Using miles to upgrade on Star Alliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using miles to upgrade on Star Alliance

I have enough points to upgrade from J to F travelling from MEL to Europe return.

As we know there are no F Saver options from MEL with SQ so that rules that one out as I cant afford nor will pay Standard or Full.

Am I right in saying that I have no other option to get to Europe in F as I cant think of another S* carrier that offers F from MEL?

is my only option maybe to fly with TG from SYD and upgrade to F that way?

Would rather avoid TG if I can but my options are limited as I really want to fly F.

J in SQ is as good as F in TG in my opinion as long as you are on a 380 or 77W.

I'd save my miles and use them for another trip.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
      J in SQ is as good as F in TG in my opinion as long as you are on a 380 or 77W.

I'd save my miles and use them for another trip.
      You will need to use more miles to fly J on SQ 380/77W than flying F on TG (at Saver).

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        You will need to use more miles to fly J on SQ 380/77W than flying F on TG (at Saver).
        Exactly as I would need to use Standard points.

Comment

Apologies, Chesty.

I thought your question was whether to "upgrade" from J to F.

Comment

Apologies, Chesty.

I thought your question was whether to "upgrade" from J to F.
            My apologies too as I have misread. Somehow thought OP was going for full redemption, not upgrade redemption.

Comment

Sorry yes I am looking to use my KF points to upgrade. I just cant believe how limited the options are for F.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                Sorry yes I am looking to use my KF points to upgrade. I just cant believe how limited the options are for F.
                Where in Europe are you headed to?

Comment

Where in Europe are you headed to?
                  To be honest I am not fussed. I know I can get the SIN-JFK route on the 744 but its the MEL-SIN thats a killer. Just very little options...

Comment

Originally posted by Chesty View Post
                    To be honest I am not fussed. I know I can get the SIN-JFK route on the 744 but its the MEL-SIN thats a killer. Just very little options...
                    I think saver F is available on the 744 that plies MEL-SIN for the time being. SIN-JFK is possible but hugely popular (esp FRA-JFK segment) - you've got to book well in advance for that one and have lots of alternative dates in case you can't get the ones you want.

Wish you all the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X