TR have been cancelling many flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabian View Post
    Get a trusted friend in SIN to get your refund for you. The IDD call charges will wipe out your refunds if you were to be put on hold.

Booking reference
    Home Address provided during reservation
    Credit Card number used for the reservation
    Email Address

Refund comes in 4-6 weeks.
    More like 4 - 6 months nowadays if you can get through the phone line.

Comment

Originally posted by alberttky View Post
      More like 4 - 6 months nowadays if you can get through the phone line.
      Just forget about it. The phone line is there for show. They will never pick up.
      TR really has problem running its day to day operation.

Comment

Get a trusted friend in SIN to get your refund for you. The IDD call charges will wipe out your refunds if you were to be put on hold.
        Do TR entertain refunds ? I was under the impression they don't.

Comment

budget airlines typically provides FULL refunds (incl taxes and fees paid) if they change your flight timings with difference of more than 4 hours of your original booked timing. IMO, TR is good to me in this aspect as I had cancelled my Sep Haikou tickets in August after they changed my departure flight from 9AM to 5PM and they merely took a week to credit the money to my credit card.

Compared to 3K which took 7 months, after a series of calls and mix-ups where they claimed I did not call in for a refund....

Comment

my TG flight was buttery-smooth! upgraded the BKK-KBV sectors for $45/each and we got upgraded from SIN-BKK automatically!
            blog

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
              Do TR entertain refunds ? I was under the impression they don't.
              They do, after you jump through a few hoops of fire...(ie: their dreaded call centre)

After they have accepted your refund request, pls recheck the status of your flight itinerary, it shd reflect the cancellation. That way, you know it's been processed for sure.

Comment

Tiger Airways to stop Bangalore flights from 14 Nov

SINGAPORE: Budget carrier Tiger Airways has confirmed it is stopping services to Bangalore from 14 November. No reason has been given for the termination.

At present, the carrier operates four flights weekly to the Indian IT hub.

Tiger Airways has of late cancelled numerous other flights, leaving thousands of passengers stranded.

The woes have been attributed to aircraft problems and severe crew shortage.

Passengers affected by the latest service disruption have been notified to get their refunds and to look for other travel arrangements

Taken off Channel News Asia

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

SINGAPORE: Budget carrier Tiger Airways has confirmed it is stopping services to Bangalore from 14 November. No reason has been given for the termination.

At present, the carrier operates four flights weekly to the Indian IT hub.

Tiger Airways has of late cancelled numerous other flights, leaving thousands of passengers stranded.

The woes have been attributed to aircraft problems and severe crew shortage.

Passengers affected by the latest service disruption have been notified to get their refunds and to look for other travel arrangements

Taken off Channel News Asia
                  I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
                    my TG flight was buttery-smooth! upgraded the BKK-KBV sectors for $45/each and we got upgraded from SIN-BKK automatically!
                    How did you get such a good deal?

Comment

BKK-KBV, as I understand requires a standby check-in at the TG counter when you're in BKK. It's the first I have heard of them allowing it ex-SIN as well on a SIN-BKK-KBV-BKK-SIN... so however you managed to swing that, good job and congrats!

I've had them explicitly refusing to allow that on the international sectors.

Comment

Sorry to go off topic - but to answer your questions, I think we were purely lucky on the SIN-BKK upgrade. It happened right as we were about to step on the jetway and they called my girlfriend and I.

For the shorter hop to Krabi I asked at the check-in desk and she quoted me a price. Same went for when we checked in at Krabi. I asked the agent if I could upgrade the first hop back to BKK and she said it was possible. Not sure of the conditions allowing it but there were definitely seats available on the 737 for that little jump.
                        blog

Comment

haf: Thanks for clarifying. I think the agent was mistaken. They are used to quoting that line but as long as your fare class is Q or higher (it must have been, as you managed to get BKK-KBV at Suvarnhabhumi), you are able to buy-up to domestic J so long as there are sufficient seats available.

I had to tell the check-in agent once to double-check, and told them I could do it from BKK-HKT/KBV as well, and it's normally the third most expensive type of Economy when booking on the TG website, that is upgradeable. Once that's confirmed, just pay up at the counter alongside, and you're good to go.

Comment

Gotcha - heck of a deal considering my Q fare was under $600 round trip booked 3 days before the flight!

Anyway, thinking back, God knows why I would ever fly Tiger...never again! This I promise you!
                            blog

Comment

Got to hand it to TR, it does not matter if it's bad press as long as you are visible.

Business Times - 28 Oct 2010

Tiger adds more flights and four new services

By VEN SREENIVASAN

TIGER Airways Singapore is launching its biggest ever 'winter' schedule this weekend, with new flights to four new destinations and increased services to others.

In all, the airline is increasing its weekly flights by some 20 per cent, from over 300 flights now, during the period from November 2010 to March 2011. This includes services to four new destination: Manila, Trichy, Trivandrum and Taipei.

The flights to Manila start on Oct 31, while those to Trichy and Trivandrum in southern India will start on Nov 1 and Nov 2. The Taipei flights begin on Jan 11.

In addition to the new services here, its sister carrier, Tiger Airways in Australia, will also be operating its biggest ever flying programme, with the introduction of new services from Avalon Airport in Victoria to Gold Coast, Alice Springs, Sydney, Adelaide, Mackay, Rockhampton and Perth starting on Nov 10, and services between Sydney and Brisbane starting on Feb 7.

Tiger Airways has 21 A320 planes in service, of which 12 are based in Singapore.

'We are very excited about our new flying programme that we are launching this Sunday, as it represents the largest number of seats and destinations that we have ever operated,' said Rosalynn Tay, managing director of Tiger Airways Singapore.

'We have been working hard over the last few weeks to minimise the disruption some of our customers have experienced as a result of the aircraft reliability issues that we recently suffered with our new aircraft. Whilst this winter season marks our biggest ever flying programme from Singapore, we have also made some schedule adjustments in order to restore our high levels of reliability.'

Tiger was in the news lately for several flight cancellations and delays which were blamed on pilot shortages and aircraft technical glitches.

This prompted arch-rival AirAsia to launch a slew of 'comparative' advertisements which took pot-shots at Tiger.

'We would also like to thank our competitors for helping us grow our webshare in Singapore,' Ms Tay added.

'Whilst ww.tigerairways.co has consistently been the No 1 airline website in Singapore, the recent blitz of marketing spend incurred by a competitor to promote our services has pushed our lead even further, increasing our market share from 20 per cent to more than 24 per cent.'

Comment

I cannot believe their haughtiness! The slew of cancellations was clearly mishandled and they just act as if nothing went wrong and hints on their "superior reliability".

Comment

Working...
                                X