Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoot Fleet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Scoot Fleet

    SCOOT FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 12 JUNE 2019)

    Airbus A319-100

    In Service: 1
    Seating: 144Y (TR A320 Y)

    - 9V-TRB (Yellow Bae)

    Airbus A320-200

    In Service: 26
    Seating: 180Y (TR A320 Y)

    - 9V-TAN (Nomo Fomo)
    - 9V-TAO (Sunny Side Up)
    - 9V-TAQ (Shiok Lah!)
    - 9V-TAU (Sunshine Paradise)
    - 9V-TAV (Flying Banana)
    - 9V-TAX (Pineapple Express)
    - 9V-TAZ (Ki Jiak Hong)
    - 9V-TRC (宝贝)
    - 9V-TRD (Felix)
    - 9V-TRE (Yellow Tail)
    - 9V-TRH (Jane)
    - 9V-TRI (Speedy)
    - 9V-TRK (Scooting Star)
    - 9V-TRL (Hamachi)
    - 9V-TRM (So Far So Scoot)
    - 9V-TRN (Conscious Coupling)
    - 9V-TRO (Escape the Ordinary)
    - 9V-TRP (Tango Romeo Papa)
    - 9V-TRQ (Gado Go)
    - 9V-TRR (Berscootu)
    - 9V-TRS (자기야 Jagiya)
    - 9V-TRT (Chalo Chalo)
    - 9V-TRU (Yellow Zone)
    - 9V-TRV
    - 9V-TRW (Bayanihan)
    - 9V-TRX

    Airbus A320neo

    In Service: 2
    On Order: 37
    Seating: 186Y (TR A320 Y)

    - 9V-TNA (Chapati Party)
    - 9V-TNB (Go Go Tamago)

    Boeing 787-8

    In Service: 10
    On Order: 2
    Seating 1: 21J/314Y (TR 787 J, TR 787 Y)

    - 9V-OFA (八宝)
    - 9V-OFB (Lickity-Split)
    - 9V-OFC (Scootalicious)
    - 9V-OFD (Goin' Scootin')
    - 9V-OFE (The Future Is Yellow)
    - 9V-OFG (KamaScootra)

    Seating 2: 18J/311Y (TR 787 J, TR 787 Y)

    - 9V-OFH (Scooti-mite)
    - 9V-OFI (Mous-Scoot-ka)
    - 9V-OFJ (Bo Jio)
    - 9V-OFK (Getting Lei'd)

    Boeing 787-9

    In Service: 9
    On Order: 1
    Seating: 35J/340Y (TR 787 J, TR 787 Y)

    - 9V-OJA (Dream Start)
    - 9V-OJB (Barry)
    - 9V-OJC (Inspiring Spirit)
    - 9V-OJD (Big Yella Fella)
    - 9V-OJE (Maju lah)
    - 9V-OJF (Bo-eng)
    - 9V-OJG (Wandermust)
    - 9V-OJH (Fernweh)
    - 9V-OJI (Ojisan)

    Total

    In Service: 48
    On Order: 40
    Last edited by FSJZ; 12 June 2019, 03:14 AM.

  • #2
    I asked this in the 78J thread but oh well.

    What's actually going on with the last two Scoot 788s? Boeing hasn't queued them up for final assembly, so no expected delivery.
    an infrastructure geek

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
      I asked this in the 78J thread but oh well.

      What's actually going on with the last two Scoot 788s? Boeing hasn't queued them up for final assembly, so no expected delivery.
      I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that since SQ just transferred 2 of their orders less than a year ago to Scoot, it will take a while before they are scheduled for assembly. Or perhaps Scoot delayed its order while awaiting the final 787-9 to be delivered.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that since SQ just transferred 2 of their orders less than a year ago to Scoot, it will take a while before they are scheduled for assembly. Or perhaps Scoot delayed its order while awaiting the final 787-9 to be delivered.
        Oh yeah, looks like those 2 extra 788 are the transferred ones. For some reason I thought SQ also transferred its own delivery slots so Scoot could get the planes faster.

        OJJ should be the last of the original order for 10 788s and 10 789s.
        an infrastructure geek

        Comment


        • #5
          TRB hasn't flown since 14 Jun and TRX seems to stop flying for more than a week... any idea?

          Comment


          • #6
            They're buying 16 A321neos:

            https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...acity-and-grow

            Not sure if these are conversions or new orders.
            an infrastructure geek

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
              They're buying 16 A321neos:

              https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...acity-and-grow

              Not sure if these are conversions or new orders.
              Either Karamjit Kaur can’t quite make up her mind or Scoot CEO misspoke. One moment it’s the A321neo, in another it’s the A320neo with 236 seats.

              That said, the seating density on the A321neo doesn’t sound very comfortable for 5-6 hour flights (to Japan, I imagine).
              Last edited by 9V-SML; 29 July 2019, 10:34 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                Either Karamjit Kaur canít quite make up her mind or Scoot CEO misspoke. One moment itís the A321neo, in another itís the A320neo with 236 seats.

                That said, the seating density on the A321neo doesnít sound very comfortable for 5-6 hour flights (to Japan, I imagine).
                I think the Scoot CEO misspoke. The A320neo can only fit about 180+ passengers, definitely not 236. Sounds more like an A321neo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looks like it's 6 conversions, and 10 leased in.

                  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1UO10X
                  an infrastructure geek

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Surely its better for the group to stick with either the Boeing 737 or the Airbus A320 family. Why do SQ/Scoot/SilkAir keep switching between the two?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      Surely its better for the group to stick with either the Boeing 737 or the Airbus A320 family. Why do SQ/Scoot/SilkAir keep switching between the two?
                      An airline of SQ size can afford having multiple plane types to avoid the saga like WN is currently experiencing.

                      Add onto that A321neo is the only feasible narrowbody in that seat category. It also has the range and performance, which MAX10 has none of these.

                      Michael

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Looks like the A321 also have some problems in its flight control ie n the event of an un-commanded excessive pitch up in altitude. EASA notes that analysis of the Elevator Aileron Computer (ELAC) L102 module, installed in A321neo aircraft, revealed that the excessive pitch up altitude is only sparked when the aircraft enters certain conditions and performs specific manoeuvres.
                        As a result of this un-commanded pitch up moment, pilots will have to work with an aircraft under reduced control. Airbus notes this anomaly applies to Pratt and Whitney and CFM powered A321neos. Being a fly-by-wire aircraft since its launch in the 1980s, the Airbus A320 Family boasts advanced flight control laws which protect passengers and crew members, as well as dampening uncomfortable adjustments to pitch and roll in flight.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                          Either Karamjit Kaur canít quite make up her mind or Scoot CEO misspoke. One moment itís the A321neo, in another itís the A320neo with 236 seats.

                          That said, the seating density on the A321neo doesnít sound very comfortable for 5-6 hour flights (to Japan, I imagine).
                          Lesser said about our Aviation specialist the better. Just of note, the previous ST Aviation report Ghim Lay is now VP Comms for Oneworld.

                          Maybe even to australia on this, will be a nightmare.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by eamond View Post
                            An airline of SQ size can afford having multiple plane types to avoid the saga like WN is currently experiencing.

                            Add onto that A321neo is the only feasible narrowbody in that seat category. It also has the range and performance, which MAX10 has none of these.

                            Michael
                            I read previously that a mixed fleet only works if you above 50 each of an aircraft type. Dont think they have that with B737 and A320.

                            I think it was a badly botched plan to move B737s into TR, thankfully the 737MAX grounding have allowed them to undo it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Their sole A319 is gone for good. Departed few days ago to US for storage, maybe scrapping given the low residual value of A319. I always wanted to board it, but never got chance due to last min aircraft swap. Would love to have its safety card as alternative, if possible.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X