X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An SPPS Clarifies

http://www.bohtong.org/2011/01/spps-...clarifies.html
    Have you checked your blind spot lately?

I guess there's always two sides to a story...

Comment

Anonymous said...
      BT, actually those very rich or high ranking PPS passenger are very polite and would not lose their cool. It's those "in between" that like to throw their weight around
      Would have to agree with the comment above, only people I ever see complain are Silver/Gold Members, you can tell they are Silver/Gold Members because they keep flashing the cards and have the luggage tags on the carry-on.

Comment

My gold tags are sitting inside the bag, untouched since they we sent to me.....

The gold card, need to pull it out at entrances to lounges as they want to see it .....
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Something hilarious that a CC friend related to us last night over a game of mahjong.

During boarding, when asked for his boarding pass, pax grumbled and finally pulled out his boarding pass and flashed it together with his PPS card, as if to impress/intimidate the crew.

Comment

Originally posted by astroboy View Post
            Something hilarious that a CC friend related to us last night over a game of mahjong.

During boarding, when asked for his boarding pass, pax grumbled and finally pulled out his boarding pass and flashed it together with his PPS card, as if to impress/intimidate the crew.
            What a loser... Makes you wonder what it'd be like if the cabin crew could say out exactly what was in their minds at times like these

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              I guess there's always two sides to a story...
              i do agree. i would however 2 points.

1) this is nothing new as similar online stories have been seen and easily searchable.

2) it further demonstrate the complex nature of mixing east and west culture and communication techniques.

Let me give an example.

On American airlines, you sometimes have to show the card to get your drink/snack. And everyone is ok about it and in fact, its sometimes treated as a rule. You show the card on SQ and you are judged as being rude.

Comment

I generally find that nationality of the majority of the PAX on the flight tends to influence the feel and culture of the SIA flight.

Some of my worse experiences seem to be travelling in Y to and from India. For some reason many passengers on these flights want to extract maximum value for money for their Y ticket flights. The FAs on these flights tend to work hard as the PAX seem to be constantly calling the FA for drinks or wanting things. Some of the PAX must believe that they are not getting their 1000 rupees worth if they have not been visted over 10 times by the FA on a single flight. Interestly enough the J PAX on these flights are better behaved.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  My gold tags are sitting inside the bag, untouched since they we sent to me.....

The gold card, need to pull it out at entrances to lounges as they want to see it .....
                  I was not picking on Silver/Gold Members as they are not all the same, like you say the ones who do not throw their weight around or complain are not showing their cards every 5min or have them all over their bags. The problem is the ones that do complain make a big deal out off being Silver/Gold, so everyone just see Silver/Gold Members as always complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                    You show the card on SQ and you are judged as being rude.
                    You would have thought that, being a PPS, you would have flown enough times to know that certain procedures are standard, such as showing your boarding pass at the aircraft door. It's not like it's a newly introduced procedure.

Comment

Well, first of all, I love the name of the website

In one of the comments, a former FS relates her experience of how the late Mrs Lee always left the basin in the washroom wiped dry after she used it which shows just how a proper and distinguished lady (or gentleman) behaves on board. I know I do the same, just because I hope that is how others will leave the washroom even when in the J or F cabin.

When flying SQ or EK, I don't have a need to show proof of my elite status--it is duly noted on the BP and on the pax manifest. When flying North American airlines such as CO, AC, or HA, I occasionally show the card to invoke luggage and boarding privileges when it is required, but that's about it.
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Its the same everywhere, I have seen people in Y being obnoxious and also in J. People are people and you will always get difficult/rude PAX reagrdless if they fly F or Y.

I have my EG luggage tags tucked away on the suitcase but only as I don't have any others! You do see people with silver, gold, PPS, Solitaire tags and stickers festooned all over some bags and it is a bit sad.

Comment

I'm only a lowly silver status, but I use the luggage tag on my suitcase as it has my name and krisflyer number, so if it gets lost on a SQ flight then it should be recovered and redelivered fairly quickly as a failsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                            Its the same everywhere, I have seen people in Y being obnoxious and also in J. People are people and you will always get difficult/rude PAX reagrdless if they fly F or Y.
                            Agree, can hapen in any class of service on any airline.

Originally posted by 225 View Post
                            I have my EG luggage tags tucked away on the suitcase but only as I don't have any others! You do see people with silver, gold, PPS, Solitaire tags and stickers festooned all over some bags and it is a bit sad.
                            Hmm, good for you but honestly what is wrong with having your luggage tag (whether Silver, Gold, QPP, TPP, other *A FFP, etc.) on your bags? The airline gives it to you and I find it convenient as I don't have to stick some funny looking regularly purchased luggage tag on it. I use the ones given to me by the airline and that's it.

Of course it does not need to look like a Xmas tree and I still see people who have those old light blue SQ Raffles and pinkish SQ First Class tags (with the little elastic band) on their luggage which is just plain sad as those were discontinued years ago.

Comment

What's an SPPS ?. Not familiar with that term....

Comment

Working...
                              X