SIN-SYD-SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-SYD-SFO

QF will be stopping their services to SFO in May 2011. The only carrier left on SYD-SFO will be UA. I know it's not SYD-LAX, but perhaps SQ could get rights for SIN-SYD-SFO. How could QF object?

Because Sq does not have 5th freedom rights to fly out of Australia to other destination other than its own, the government has rejected before and very unlikely they will ever give sq the green light to fly to Us via Syd , Mel or any other Australian city.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKF View Post
      Because Sq does not have 5th freedom rights to fly out of Australia to other destination other than its own, the government has rejected before and very unlikely they will ever give sq the green light to fly to Us via Syd , Mel or any other Australian city.
      They didn't get it because the government wanted to protect QF. Now that they're out of the game, there *may* be a *slight* chance for SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
        They didn't get it because the government wanted to protect QF. Now that they're out of the game, there *may* be a *slight* chance for SQ.
        Australian Governments of the past have openly sold off the electricity companies and Telstra etc, all in the name of competition. To me it is a complete joke to continue backing Qantas's rights after selling off all they have.

SQ238.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKF View Post
          The OZ government previously offered SQ 5th freedom rights for something like SIN-BNE-LAX, which SQ declined.

The OZ government has been screwing over OZ citizens in order to protect QF. I don't think the OZ government will be so eager to screw over OZ citizens in order to protect UA.

Comment

The government might selfishly continue to deny SQ so as to allow QF to operate the route profitably one day should there be demand...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
              The government might selfishly continue to deny SQ so as to allow QF to operate the route profitably one day should there be demand...
              The job of the government is to protect the consumers, not the monopolists.

Comment

They'd probably rather see V Australia on the route waaaay before SQ

Comment

QF will be back into SFO once Boeing gets its shit together.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                    Australian Governments of the past have openly sold off the electricity companies and Telstra etc, all in the name of competition. To me it is a complete joke to continue backing Qantas's rights after selling off all they have.

SQ238.
                    Ya, is time for them to give up this right since they cannot managed it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      I doubt its only the Australian Government that will deny SQ, pretty sure the US Government will deny them also. I doubt SQ wants to get into this market now anyway, its been a bloodbath since Delta & V Australia have started AUS-USA services.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                        I doubt its only the Australian Government that will deny SQ, pretty sure the US Government will deny them also.
                        No, Singapore and the US have an Open Skies agreement.

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                        I doubt SQ wants to get into this market now anyway, its been a bloodbath since Delta & V Australia have started AUS-USA services.
                        First, that's LAX, not SFO. Second, it's far from a bloodbath, though SYD-LAX is no longer one of the most profitable routes in the world (because consumers are not getting screwed the way they were in the QF/UA duopoly days).

It's amazing how fast monopolists scream "bloodbath" as soon as they have to face competition.

Comment

SYD-SFO prices still dropped to similar levels as SYD/BNE/MEL-LAX.

Comment

Working...
                          X