Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Cutlery

Hi,

I have just come of SQ236 and i was a little disappointed to find the Cutlery with both meals where dirty. The second one had bits of old food stuck to it.

Am i just unlucky or have others had this?

Thanks

As a BNE resident, I never came across dirty cutleries.

Comment

I have flown the route 6 times now and have never had this

Comment

That's not good. Speaking of which - is cutlery hand or machine washed?

(I'm assuming you were in J with reused metal cutlery, otherwise if I were SQ i'd be going to the plastic cutlery supplier and complaining)

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          Am i just unlucky or have others had this?
          I have flown the route 6 times now and have never had this

Comment

Cutlery is machine washed in a huge industrial like operation. So it is normal to have this imperfection in one out of a few thousand that goes through the washer. Mind you most of the times it is actually water spots from incomplete drying and not the actual food soils.

I had it a few times before and not just with SQ but also with other airlines. This is really no big deal to me as I always got a new replacement when I showed the crew the dirty cutlery.

Comment

I was given a set of dirty cutlery when on my trip back from MEL last Dec. The LS replaced it with a new set after showing them and apologised much for it.

What FN-GM is trying to present is that such prestigious airline like SQ shouldn't have this problem, or at least to a minimal. Most of today's airline are washing their cutleries in huge washing machine. Fifteen years ago we do not have this kind of problem or if we do have one or two cases per flight but nowadays its quite often and quite a number of cases per flight.

Think it would be better for SQ to be like BI. All plastic. however, how to eat steak with plastic el-cheapo cutleries??

Comment

Originally posted by jul247 View Post
                What FN-GM is trying to present is that such prestigious airline like SQ shouldn't have this problem, or at least to a minimal.
                Sorry, but I don't understand your point. His experience, as pointed out by Gunnar Smithsen, is that this isn't a pattern yet -- the events occurred on the same flight.

Did I miss something?
                Originally posted by UMD View Post
                This is really no big deal to me as I always got a new replacement when I showed the crew the dirty cutlery.
                Indeed, the problem for me would be if no replacements were available, and the CC wouldn't even apologize for the occurrence.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  That's not good. Speaking of which - is cutlery hand or machine washed?

(I'm assuming you were in J with reused metal cutlery, otherwise if I were SQ i'd be going to the plastic cutlery supplier and complaining)
                  I cant afford J i was in Y - But it was metal not plastic.

The point i am getting as is, that once i would have thought it would be a one off. But twice maybe there is more to it?

Comment

I cant afford J i was in Y - But it was metal not plastic.
                    Cost cutting, once J class finish their meals the cutlery is hand down to Y class.

I did not know they used metal in Y, as I never fly Y. But they would want to reuse metal cutery as may times possible, so it would be down to how well they get clean and you always get some dirty ones with machine washing.

Comment

Working...
                    X