A dressing down for SIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RHG View Post
    would such a complaint arise if the airline did not heavily market itself as having best inflight service, being accomodating and thereby leading customers to assume they are paying to be served like "kings and queens."
    Nope - I raise/lower my expectations in-line with the quality of the airline I am flying with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
      I do not know if the letter in the online SMH is true reflection of an actual event. However, it takes a lot of time and effort for someone to bother writing to the SMH. I do not know how the garment can be a security concern given it what was allowed on the plane.

If the incident is true I understand how the rest of the flight would seem to be "below standard." One something happens it tends to set the frame of mind and in business psychology it is know as priming. I not surprised the rest of the trips on SIA would seem to be substandard.

From a marketing point of view I am sure that this family will remember the incident for a long time. It is certainly unfortunate if it happened and I am sure different FA would have handled the matter differently.

Another example of priming and the one of my best experiences on SIA is when I left my jacket in the Gold Lounge in Brisbane Airport and SIA held up the departure of the plane to retrieve my jacket. On that trip the FA could do nothing wrong.

One of my worse experiences was when I was given an upgrade Y to J and settled into my seat and just before takeoff told a PAX had not turned up was moved back to Y in a middle seat (was alse in Y on orginal boarding pass). Everything on that flight seemed to go wrong. I sure it was perception and priming.

Another example of priming are hotel lobbies. First impressions when walking into a hotel sets the mindset for the stay and that why so much money is spent on the lobby area.

I am sure people will have good and bad experiences with SIA and the PAX and FA are only human. There are too many variables for PAX to have the perfect trip every time. Most flights tend to be positive and uneventful.
      Dont mean to sound presumptious but are you a Psychologist? never came across someone who knew what Priming meant in Psychology without having studied Psych.

I think that sums it up on this issue though, Priming
      Last edited by concept|infinit; 27 January 2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
        Dont mean to sound presumptious but are you a Psychologist? never came across someone who knew what Priming meant in Psychology without having studied Psych.

I think that sums it up on this issue though, Priming
        I have a MBA from a Financial Times top 100 university. Framing and Priming are interesting tools used by business. For a long time B-schools have taught business as an economic science. It is now understood that behaviour and psychology forms a major part of business and decision making. We do not act rationally all the time. I certainly do not.

Comment

Working...
        X