Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9v-JKL,
    Do u have real data about MXP-BCN? I would be really interested in them
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
      9v-JKL,
      Do u have real data about MXP-BCN? I would be really interested in them
      Sorry! I dont have any
      Last edited by 9V-JKL; 19 March 2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaitak744 View Post
        19 A380s = ~9 routes
        SIN-NRT-LAX
        I think the A380 can go SIN-LAX nonstop (like SQ037/038 [A345])
        "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
          I think the A380 can go SIN-LAX nonstop (like SQ037/038 [A345])
          No, the A380 can not fly LAX-SIN nonstop with a good enough payload. The range figures Airbus gives are without regards to natural winds. Plus, Singapore gets good NRT-LAX traffic, and would not want to drop that flight. There also probably isn't enough SIN-LAX traffic to justify an A380 nonstop.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has pointed out the most serious flaw in the OP: SQ have not ordered the A350. Since the schedule has slipped about two years since they signed a LoI last summer, it's not at all clear that SQ will ever order the A350. The 20 787 options must look a lot more attractive to SQ now than when they were acquired.

I agree with those who doubt that SQ would fly a WhaleJet between FRA and JFK. I've flown that route a lot. Loads and yields are both poor. SQ are surely considering the possibility of flying the 777-300ER 3x daily to FRA with 1x daily continuing to JFK.

SQ would love to fly to the States via China, but getting 5th freedom rights from the Chinese government is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              I'm surprised no one has pointed out the most serious flaw in the OP: SQ have not ordered the A350.

Correct me if I am wrong, I believed they did.

(Audio)
              ________
              herbal vaporizers
              Last edited by Audio; 4 February 2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

We have on LOI only. 20 of them.

Comment

This is an excerpt from Airbus's article, "Airbus announced 182 new orders and commitments at Farnborough Air Show" (July 21, 2006):

Originally posted by Airbus
                  Singapore Airlines which signed a Letter of Intent for 20 firm A350s and 20 options. Singapore Airlines also placed a repeat order for the A380, adding nine to its initial order for ten. In addition, Singapore will lease 19 A330-300s.
                  "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

But is only a Letter of Intent. Its not a firm order. Unlike the 787 order which is firmed.

Comment

The A350 for which SQ signed a LoI is not the same A350 that is now offered by Airbus. The order was expected to be signed last autumn, but they failed to come to an agreement. Then it was supposed to be signed in January, but they again failed to come to an agreement. SQ were counting on delivery starting in 2012. Airbus are offering 2014.

I believe SQ are waiting on final 787-10 specs before committing to the A350. This could go either way.

Comment

hi there. i'm kinda new here. i have a question, we're planning on to travel from jfk to dps, via sin next year (around late winter or spring 08). i know that currently jfk-fra-sin is being served with 744. do you think by next year they will change the equipment to 77w? thanks in advance.

Comment

If you want to spend a day in FRA, then you can definitely fly on 77W on SQ 325 that leaves at around 22:25 from SIN. Effective the end of May 2007, SQ 325 will be on 77W.

I believe the continuation of SQ25 ex-JFK will still be on 744 at the time of your traveling in Feb / Mar of 2008.

Comment

Working...
                          X