No announcement yet.

LAX Is 380 Beginning Northern Summer 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crew will not be staying in Tokyo for both HND and NRT flights (thus the short turnaround and retiming of the A380 flight). Instead, an additional set of crew will be flown on the outgoing flight to operate the returning flight. TG is doing the same too. Crew operating the LAX sector would stay in Osaka instead.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

long day for the crew

Comment

Sunday 30 Oct 2011, SQ12 starts A380 service, according to the website booking system.
        Last edited by vsepr; 17 March 2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Everything after 30OCT11 is "default schedule", so that's why SQ is still showing A380 flying to LAX from that date
          Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
            27MAR11 - 15APR11: 747-400
            16APR11 onward: 777-300ER

Also, SQ221/212 SIN SYD 747-400 operation extended, now operates 02APR11 to 07MAY11
            Where is the 77W coming from please?

Comment

I posted the destinations that flew it in one of my posts. So those are guesses/possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
                Everything after 30OCT11 is "default schedule", so that's why SQ is still showing A380 flying to LAX from that date
                I don't even see SQ updated SQ12/11 with a 77W. Well S11 schedule still shows A380. I think those are gonna be fixed by tomorrow or something. They specifically mentioned this.

Checked SQ's site and saw diversions from all over the place, then I was like is SQ really gonna delay the launch of the A380 cause of this.

Another thing I find weird when the 77W is deployed is the schedule isn't changed at all, in fact the 77W is a smaller aircraft and it can take less time than the A380. It doesn't need an extremely long ground layover at NRT, or LAX or NRT on the return.
                Last edited by Lobster; 19 March 2011, 01:27 PM. Reason: To remove comments some found insensitive

Comment

Well, I was used miles for a F seat NRT-LAX on the 747 for next August. When they changed to the 380, they rebooked me into suites.

I really hope the change back before then!

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                    I don't even see SQ updated SQ12/11 with a 77W. Well S11 schedule still shows A380. I think those are gonna be fixed by tomorrow or something. They specifically mentioned this.
                    It's already updated to 77W from 16APR11 on all GDS timetable listing, including SQ website plus inventory display.

In fact these has been updated like after 3-4 hours SQ announced it.
                    Airline Route | twitter

Comment

With the HKG, SYD & key European cities already serviced by the A380 & to avoid the North Asian region, SQ will be deploying the new craft for JFK-FRA-SIN, no?

Comment

More changes to aircrafts used on Japan routes and additional stops being introduced (KIX). From SIA website:

JAPAN FLIGHTS
                        18 March 2011

Singapore Airlines is closely monitoring developments in Japan.

At this point, all Singapore Airlines flights to and from Japan are operating. We are abiding by directives and advisories issued by regulatory bodies, and should the need arise, changes will be effected. Customers are advised to check our website regularly for updates.

Changes to SQ633 routing and flight timings
                        Between 19 March 2011 and 21 March 2011, larger capacity Boeing 777-300 aircraft will be operated for flight SQ633 from Tokyo Haneda to Singapore, in place of Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, to cater to increased demand.

The flight will depart Tokyo Haneda at 0030hrs and make a technical stop at Seoul Incheon at 0230hrs, before departing at 0330hrs. It will arrive in Singapore at 0905hrs.

There is no change to the flight time or routing for flight SQ634 from Singapore to Tokyo Haneda.

Changes to SQ638 flight timings
                        Between 16 March 2011 and 22 March 2011, the departure time for flight SQ638 from Singapore to Tokyo Narita will be changed from 2355hrs to 0300hrs (the following day), arriving in Narita at 1035hrs.

There is no change to the departure time for flight SQ637 from Tokyo Narita to Singapore. There is also no change to the departure times for flights between Singapore and Tokyo Haneda.

Changes to SQ11/12 routing
                        With effect from 17 March 2011 through 22 March 2011, flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita will make an additional stop at Osaka Kansai airport. This is to ensure that our crew have sufficient rest, as aftershocks are still being experienced in Tokyo.

The flight details and timings are as follows:

SQ12 will depart Singapore at 0945hrs, arriving in Narita at 1720hrs. It will depart Narita at 1830hrs, arriving in Osaka at 1940hrs. It will then depart Osaka at 2040hrs, arriving in Los Angeles at 1400hrs.

SQ11 will depart Los Angeles at 1545hrs, arriving in Narita at 1925hrs the following day, before departing Narita at 2035hrs, arriving in Osaka at 2145hrs. It will then depart Osaka at 2245hrs, arriving in Singapore at 0445hrs the following day.

Postponement of launch of Narita – Los Angeles A380 services
                        In addition, Singapore Airlines is postponing the introduction of Airbus A380 services on flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita until further notice. The flights will continue to be operated with Boeing 747-400 aircraft.

Singapore Airlines will waive administrative fees for refund, re-booking or re-routing for customers holding confirmed tickets issued on or before 11 March 2011, for travel to and from all cities in Japan from 11 March to 10 April 2011, both dates inclusive. This also applies to KrisFlyer redemption tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
                          In addition, Singapore Airlines is postponing the introduction of Airbus A380 services on flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita until further notice.
                          They should really remove the A380 to LA banner ad from the website, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                            More changes to aircrafts used on Japan routes and additional stops being introduced (KIX). From SIA website:

JAPAN FLIGHTS
                            18 March 2011

Singapore Airlines is closely monitoring developments in Japan.

At this point, all Singapore Airlines flights to and from Japan are operating. We are abiding by directives and advisories issued by regulatory bodies, and should the need arise, changes will be effected. Customers are advised to check our website regularly for updates.

Changes to SQ633 routing and flight timings
                            Between 19 March 2011 and 21 March 2011, larger capacity Boeing 777-300 aircraft will be operated for flight SQ633 from Tokyo Haneda to Singapore, in place of Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, to cater to increased demand.

The flight will depart Tokyo Haneda at 0030hrs and make a technical stop at Seoul Incheon at 0230hrs, before departing at 0330hrs. It will arrive in Singapore at 0905hrs.

There is no change to the flight time or routing for flight SQ634 from Singapore to Tokyo Haneda.

Changes to SQ638 flight timings
                            Between 16 March 2011 and 22 March 2011, the departure time for flight SQ638 from Singapore to Tokyo Narita will be changed from 2355hrs to 0300hrs (the following day), arriving in Narita at 1035hrs.

There is no change to the departure time for flight SQ637 from Tokyo Narita to Singapore. There is also no change to the departure times for flights between Singapore and Tokyo Haneda.

Changes to SQ11/12 routing
                            With effect from 17 March 2011 through 22 March 2011, flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita will make an additional stop at Osaka Kansai airport. This is to ensure that our crew have sufficient rest, as aftershocks are still being experienced in Tokyo.

The flight details and timings are as follows:

SQ12 will depart Singapore at 0945hrs, arriving in Narita at 1720hrs. It will depart Narita at 1830hrs, arriving in Osaka at 1940hrs. It will then depart Osaka at 2040hrs, arriving in Los Angeles at 1400hrs.

SQ11 will depart Los Angeles at 1545hrs, arriving in Narita at 1925hrs the following day, before departing Narita at 2035hrs, arriving in Osaka at 2145hrs. It will then depart Osaka at 2245hrs, arriving in Singapore at 0445hrs the following day.

Postponement of launch of Narita – Los Angeles A380 services
                            In addition, Singapore Airlines is postponing the introduction of Airbus A380 services on flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita until further notice. The flights will continue to be operated with Boeing 747-400 aircraft.

Singapore Airlines will waive administrative fees for refund, re-booking or re-routing for customers holding confirmed tickets issued on or before 11 March 2011, for travel to and from all cities in Japan from 11 March to 10 April 2011, both dates inclusive. This also applies to KrisFlyer redemption tickets.

Hmmm. Is it just me who finds this arrangement a bit weird?

With the original plans of A388 flying SIN - NRT - LAX, I believe at least 2 A388s are sitting on the ground in SIN. No?

I for one don't know exactly how many people are stranded at NRT/HND airports, but in a crisis like this, isn't it paramount to get as many people out of there pronto?

If word is true about thousands packing the airports in desperate bids to get out of Japan, I personally feel that SQ should run the SIN - NRT terminator as an A388 doing SIN - NRT - KIX (crew change) - SIN given that KIX is A388 ready, route the daily 744 as what it is now, and upgauge the twice daily HND flights to as large aircraft capacity they have at point of departure from SIN. This given that they don't increase the number of flights to the Tokyo Region due to lack of aircraft (if at all).

Also, the diversion from HND to ICN to reach ICN at 0230hrs? Wouldn't Osaka KIX be nearer and be able to conduct the crew change? Does KIX have a midnight curfew? Another question I have about KIX, is, is the normal KIX flights running normally or are there changes to it as well?

My opinion is that in a crisis like this, spare no limits at saving human lives. I think SQ can do more for the desperate people trying to get out of Tokyo than what it is doing now.

Just my humble opinion and two cents worth.
                            Last edited by Fryderyk HPH; 19 March 2011, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                              They should really remove the A380 to LA banner ad from the website, eh?
                              I concur.
                              Oh I don't see the banner ads already.

I have no idea whether location-based tracking of traffic (cookies?) plays a part, but I'm in Hanoi now and I don't see it on the SQ web. Do you guys over at SG still see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
                                I concur.
                                Oh I don't see the banner ads already.

I have no idea whether location-based tracking of traffic (cookies?) plays a part, but I'm in Hanoi now and I don't see it on the SQ web. Do you guys over at SG still see it?
                                I don't see it here in LA.

Comment

Working...
                                X