Taste of Auckland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taste of Auckland

SQ is the main sponsor of this event. They invited us, as I'm TPPS, to the VIP marquee, where all booze was free. We went along last night (Sat 20th Nov) and had a very pleasant time. Spent a bit of time initially in the private area enjoying cocktail (Mrs Wan1dap) and bubbles (me), while we studied the menus. SQ also gave us 50 "Crowns" (=$50) to spend. After that, we wandered around the various stands, where some top AKL restaurants (Prego, Soto, Toto, Euro, Harbourside, Clooney etc) were offering small tasting examples of their menu. Excellent food (Clooney ). There were also many stands where local boutique suppliers were selling cheese, wine, sausages, coffee, olive oil etc etc. Good music, great atmospere, several stops back at the private lounge for a "top up" - all in all a great evening.

Only unusual thing was that there were no SQ staff in the marquee - at least none that introduced themselves. I was a bit surprised, but not a big issue.

Just wondered if anyone else went along? Interested to hear your thoughts...

Surprised to hear none of the local SQ staff were there. The whole idea of these events is to get the opportunity to network and chat with their top tier frequent flyers.

We have them here in the UK, both down in London and up here, and there is always loads of SQ folk around.

Comment

BA have sponsored Taste of London for a few years. There's a BA tent which the general public can pay to enter (for a glass of champagne I believe - I've never been). There's also a BA Executive Club tent (open to all BAEC status holders - i.e. silver and above - who also get fast track entry into Taste of London) where the free drink is better, there are canapes throughout the day, Willie Walsh has attended the last few years etc.

Comment

Working...
      X