No Star Alliance Logo on SQ 773?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Star Alliance Logo on SQ 773?

I took this photo just before boarding SQ962 SIN - CGK several months ago and I noticed that the bird I was flying with, 9V-SYL did not have a Star Alliance logo on it. Anyone know the particular reason for this?
    Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Maybe they forgot to paint? Interesting HDR btw. What s/w did u use?

Comment

I think its been like that for a long while, if i recall even with the old titles.

Comment

Originally posted by kaushik380 View Post
        Maybe they forgot to paint? Interesting HDR btw. What s/w did u use?
        I use Photomatix for the creation of the HDR image and Adobe Photoshop CS3 to do small editing in saturation and contrast.

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        I think its been like that for a long while, if i recall even with the old titles.
        Correct. Here, 9V-SVO does not have the Star Alliance logo even with the old livery. Awesome spool-up sound of the RR Trents! That's why I love to have a window seat in J (or F)

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
        No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE
        Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post

Correct. Here, 9V-SVO does not have the Star Alliance logo even with the old livery. Awesome spool-up sound of the RR Trents! That's why I love to have a window seat in J (or F)
          I've never really noticed that the star alliance logos were not on certain planes
          If only pilots are still allowed to do takeoffs which are non de-rated

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
            I've never really noticed that the star alliance logos were not on certain planes
            If only pilots are still allowed to do takeoffs which are non de-rated
            I guess the reason I notice them is because I am somewhat a plane-spotter and taught myself some commercial aircraft recognition techniques.

Wow, I still remember the very first time I flew SQ's J in one of their 773s CGK-SIN in 2009. The takeoff was one of the most memorable ones I ever had!

Comment

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
              I guess the reason I notice them is because I am somewhat a plane-spotter and taught myself some commercial aircraft recognition techniques.

Wow, I still remember the very first time I flew SQ's J in one of their 773s CGK-SIN in 2009. The takeoff was one of the most memorable ones I ever had!
              Heyheyhey ! I plane spot too ! I do some weird ways to spot the planes
              Hehe but i never actually pay attention to the logo :O

I remember one from Saigon to Sin . OMG ! THE PILOT TOTALLY USED A FULL POWER TAKEOFF AND THE CLIMB ANGLE WAS SO DAM STEEP ! He seemed to be rushing back to SG and i remember hearing the engines roaring away in flight ! Now if i can find where i recorded the duration of the flight

Comment

9V-SYJ, 9V-SYK and 9V-SYL all did not have the Star Alliance logo when in the old colors. After repainting into the new colors 9V-SYJ and 9V-SYL now bear the Star Alliance logos based on my most recent photos (Aug 25 for SYJ and Oct 7 for SYL). I am unsure if 9V-SYK has the Star Alliance logo now.

A small correction: 9V-SVO does have the Star Alliance logo with its new livery.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  9V-SYJ, 9V-SYK and 9V-SYL all did not have the Star Alliance logo when in the old colors. After repainting into the new colors 9V-SYJ and 9V-SYL now bear the Star Alliance logos based on my most recent photos (Aug 25 for SYJ and Oct 7 for SYL). I am unsure if 9V-SYK has the Star Alliance logo now.

A small correction: 9V-SVO does have the Star Alliance logo with its new livery.
                  -YK has the logo now.. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6965748

They paint different items of the new livery in batches.. not the whole new livery all at once.. so thats why for some planes, the star alliance logo (probably the least priority) is painted last when the aircraft goes for C/D checks while other more prominent features of the new livery painted first.. at least thats what i heard from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                    I do some weird ways to spot the planes
                    Tell me about it

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    Sorry about that. What I meant to say was the 9V-SVO did not have the Star Alliance logo when in the old livery, as shown in the video I provided earlier.

Comment

Working...
                    X