X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice for US bound customers

Notice for US bound customers

10 November 2010

The Transportation Security Administration has announced additional guidelines for travellers heading to the United States of America.

With immediate effect, printer or toner cartridges weighing 16 ounces (453 grams) or more will not be permitted on both carry-on or checked baggage.

Taken off SQ Website

Well, just another item I have never carried aboard an aircraft in 60 years of flying.

I can understand people that carry them on board. You cannot buy ink or toner everywhere. The north pole does not have a single office supply store.....

Comment

Obviously not being having the mentality of a terrorist surely but there are no end of things that could be used? As each item gets banned and it adds delays and so on, they win again, not as spectacular as a bomb going off but disruptive none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        With immediate effect, printer or toner cartridges weighing 16 ounces (453 grams) or more will not be permitted on both carry-on or checked baggage.

Damn ! So much for my shopping spree at Sim Lim Square to get discounted colour Epson printer cartridges since they're so much cheaper than in USA...!

Comment

Originally posted by Moviela View Post
          Well, just another item I have never carried aboard an aircraft in 60 years of flying.

I can understand people that carry them on board. You cannot buy ink or toner everywhere. The north pole does not have a single office supply store.....
          Not necessary. This also means you cannot carry your printer around.
          Some of my co-worker carry printer with them as they need to do printing at hotel.

Comment

They should allow dot matrix printer....

Comment

Working...
            X