CGK Flight Cancellations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGK Flight Cancellations

Due to volcanic ash from Mount Merapi in Indonesia, flights to and from Jakarta are being temporarily suspended. The following flights have been cancelled (all times local):

-SQ960, SIN-CGK, scheduled to depart at 1520hrs
    -SQ962, SIN-CGK, scheduled to depart at 1720hrs
    -SQ966, SIN-CGK, scheduled to depart at 1840hrs
    -SQ968, SIN-CGK, scheduled to depart at 2150hrs

-SQ961, CGK-SIN, scheduled to depart at 1700hrs
    -SQ963, CGK-SIN, scheduled to depart at 1905hrs
    -SQ967, CGK-SIN, scheduled to depart at 2020hrs
    -SQ951, CGK-SIN, scheduled to depart at 0615hrs (7 November)

Affected customers may call +65 62238888 (Singapore) or +62 21 52997888 (Indonesia) for rebooking.

Updates about flights for 7 November will be provided as additional information becomes available. We apologise to customers for the inconvenience caused.

Source: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U..._singapore.jsp

mini e15

Comment

More cancellations

MH, Jetstar, Tiger and a couple of other airlines have cancelled their flights as well.
      The Indonesian carriers are still up and about flying through the ash cloud.

I am concerned if the volcanic ash cloud spreads over Singapore airspace - we'll all be stuck here / or overseas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Datex Ohmeda View Post
        MH, Jetstar, Tiger and a couple of other airlines have cancelled their flights as well.
        The Indonesian carriers are still up and about flying through the ash cloud.

I am concerned if the volcanic ash cloud spreads over Singapore airspace - we'll all be stuck here / or overseas!!
        Please not,...... I am off today and want to come home and not be stuck in EU!
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Oops... not good news. Maybe can expect travel chaos in the region like those experienced earlier this year in Europe when the Iceland volcano blew.

According to local news, this volcano eruption will go on for quite some time.

Comment

Any word on Bali flights?

Which way is the ash cloud blowing? I would have thought eastward, not westward toward CGK.

Comment

Garuda and Lionair operated all their flights as per normal. According to news, some SQ passengers have gone over to GA/JT flights to get back to Jakarta. Looks like free promotion for GA with SQ pax who has never flown or ever intending to fly with them
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Interesting given that Air Force One has a scheduled service into JKT on Tuesday.

Comment

SQ seems to reopens their flights to CGK from SQ958 onwards. I think it is safe enough to fly to and from Jakarta as the Transportation Minister of Republic of Indonesia, Mr. Freddy N. states that until the current time, the Jakarta airspace is free from the Merapi's volcanic ash. All Garuda Indonesia flights are still operate its international flights normally since yesterday and seems to be a good choice

Comment

Reminds me of the Icelandic volcano

Comment

Good News From SQ

-SQ956, Singapore-Jakarta, scheduled to depart at 0930hrs, retimed to 1130hrs
                      -SQ952, Singapore-Jakarta, scheduled to depart at 0740hrs, retimed to 1400hrs

-SQ957, Jakarta-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1140hrs, retimed to 1310hrs
                      -SQ953, Jakarta-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 0920hrs, retimed to 1540hrs

All flights to Jakarta are now being resumed

The carriers that still cancels their flight is PR, LH, and VF (morning flight only)

Comment

CX also cancell their two flights to CGK today...

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                          According to news, some SQ passengers have gone over to GA/JT flights to get back to Jakarta. Looks like free promotion for GA with SQ pax who has never flown or ever intending to fly with them
                          One such pax here.
                          Boarded SQ960 yesterday. As all pax were onboard and about time doors were to close, they announced that the flight was cancelled. Hotel rooms were arranged (Crowne Plaza for Y, Marina Bay Sands for F. Not sure about J).
                          Decided to fly GA this morning redeeming my GA miles at Changi. Flight (10 am departure) went normally.

Comment

The airlines are being overtly cautious ( or paranoid depending on your POV ) to ground flights. As Jakarta is more than 200km away from Merapi, only flights over or near the volcano is going to be affected by ash clouds. It will take a huge explosion to affect Jakarta directly which by then, Singapore airspace will be affected as well.

Heard that SQ has resumed all flights as per normal as at now.

Comment

AFAIK only Yogyakarta and Solo's airports are more directly affected. I may be wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X