Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsecured meal cart running down the aisle

Greeting from ICN folks

I took SQ608 (SIN-ICN) sitting in 31D right behind the galley. When I was given my meal choice and was about to eat the lunch with my eyes staring at the food, I was hit by an unsecured running meal cart which came from the galley. It hit my leg and foot and came to rest.

I was so shocked and my heart was pumping like crazy. The only time I saw an unsecured meal cart running around was in "The Day After Tomorrow".

Nobody asked me if I was hurt though. Quite shocking (and yes, it did hurt )

Have a great new week guys.

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
    Greeting from ICN folks

I took SQ608 (SIN-ICN) sitting in 31D right behind the galley. When I was given my meal choice and was about to eat the lunch with my eyes staring at the food, I was hit by an unsecured running meal cart which came from the galley. It hit my leg and foot and came to rest.

I was so shocked and my heart was pumping like crazy. The only time I saw an unsecured meal cart running around was in "The Day After Tomorrow".

Nobody asked me if I was hurt though. Quite shocking (and yes, it did hurt )

Have a great new week guys.
    It's shocking none of the crew even enquired about your well-being! You should seriously consider writing to Customer Affairs...
    Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Write in to Customer Affairs is the thing you should do, this compromises safety, write in and see what they reply to you.

They might even give you some duty free vouchers as compensation!

Comment

should have spoken to the Chief or IFS onboard about it as its fairly serious safety breach

Comment

It's really disappointing to hear that no one even showed concern .
          Hope your leg and foot is alright !

Comment

Actually, I think you should copy CAAS in any communication. This is a serious safety issue.

Comment

ouch! You can show me your foot sometime (i've shown plenty of mine )

Comment

To be honest if your not badly hurt i wouldn't report it. It could get someone in serious trouble. It was a human error and we all make errors. Thats my personal view anyway.

Comment

every error likely be human erros but some are just bec of plain indifference and "laziness" and lapses which cannot be let off so easily - just the SQ Taipei crash was also more of human error in lapses in situational awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    To be honest if your not badly hurt i wouldn't report it. It could get someone in serious trouble. It was a human error and we all make errors. Thats my personal view anyway.
                    I agree but I think the point is that they should have apologise at the very least. I mean if i'm walking down the street and accidentally stepped on someone, the immediate response is to say sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                      I agree but I think the point is that they should have apologise at the very least. I mean if i'm walking down the street and accidentally stepped on someone, the immediate response is to say sorry.
                      I agree with you about an appology

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        every error likely be human erros but some are just bec of plain indifference and "laziness" and lapses which cannot be let off so easily - just the SQ Taipei crash was also more of human error in lapses in situational awareness.
                        Are you serious?

I can't believe you're somehow equating the Taipei crash with an errant meal cart. Different decisionmakers, and very different consequences.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

its abt lapses n indifference - and not direct equation with the crash as that was bec of tech crew situational awareness - its not meant as a direct comparison by a cart - its more how such lapses can result in worse things

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            its abt lapses n indifference - and not direct equation with the crash as that was bec of tech crew situational awareness - its not meant as a direct comparison by a cart - its more how such lapses can result in worse things
                            To compare a cart hurting someone's foot with people dying in a plane crash is outrageous, I don't care what explanation you try and offer.

Comment

My post might offend some people, so I have deleted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X