Upgrade at check-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade at check-in

I was just wondering if you could do a paid upgrade at check in.

Any one did that before? Would it be a better option as compared to topping up the fare difference before departure through reservations?

You still going to pay the full amount fare anyway (the price difference from upgraded class and your class), there's no different doing it at check in or through TA/CS.

I did the upgrade at check in once.. but for Thai not SQ, which in my opinion is PITA... better just upgrade earlier and just have a breeze check in...

Comment

From what I know so far, it seems that even at the gate, you still need to top up the fare difference at check-in.

Comment

How about an upgrade on the plane? I know some airlines (selectively) offer it.

Comment

Originally posted by bmchris View Post
          Seriously doubt that SQ is one of them... I do not think the FAs have much say on the matter.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

You actually have to pay for the upgrade. The FA processes the transaction via credit card. It's announced over the PA.

Comment

Was reading somewhere that LX does it on board (although on my last ZRH-BKK flight, there was no such announcement made), while TG does it at check-in (done it a few times from Y to Y+ and Y+ to J). As for SQ, I have never heard or experienced them doing an upgrade at check-in or on board.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Was heard from my CX friend that CX does accept onboard upgrade (even I've never heard it being announced onboard). You pay by credit card.....
                CMIIW...

Comment

Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                  Just returned from SIN and a pax in front of me was flashing her gold card and demanding an upgrade and the crew just smiled sweetly, told her no and kept moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                    Just returned from SIN and a pax in front of me was flashing her gold card and demanding an upgrade and the crew just smiled sweetly, told her no and kept moving.
                    What? How could they not cede to a gold card waving punter?

Why, I'd have even put out the red carpet - and kept the whole bottle of champers just chilled for her.

What kind of airline doesn't bow to a DYKWIA ?

*Sarcasm mode off... but only just.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Why, I'd have even put out the red carpet - and kept the whole bottle of champers just chilled for her.

I was flabbergasted as well! Even I could see how important she was. But check my post re how bad the entire flight was and you'll see why.

Comment

The reply should have been:
                        Congratulations, you have been upgraded, please pay the $5000 in taxes and surcharges* required for your new seat.

The only time I've heard the DYKWIA method works was when my friend tried to check in for a flight with less than 6 months validity on her passport.They were refusing to check her in because of that and she claimed she accidentally dropped her mum's PPS card and they finally let her check in.

*Including upgrade surcharge for DYKWIAs

Comment

Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                          I've seen a TPP sitting next me in Y and he didn't demand an upgrade. How could a gold to ask for it?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Reminds me of the auntie who created a ruckus in KUL when 119 was late...

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                              I've seen a TPP sitting next me in Y and he didn't demand an upgrade. How could a gold to ask for it?
                              I think because she was stuck in a "E" seat on a completely full A380 with 2 children screaming (and we're talking screaming, not just crying!) in front of her. I probably would have tried the same thing if I was in her shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X