No announcement yet.

How many J seats could fit in 747 nose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many J seats could fit in 747 nose?

If SQ were to remove F from the 747s and replace that with the new J class how many seats would that cabin accomodate, would it remain 12 as with F?

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
    If SQ were to remove F from the 747s and replace that with the new J class how many seats would that cabin accomodate, would it remain 12 as with F?
    http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=605

Comment

Thanks but that shows the bigger F class new seats reduced to 10, my rough estimate is that atleast two rows of the J seats could easily continue with Sky suites style 1-2-1 layout, what happens to the narrowing part, does it go 1-1-1 from there or would it accomodate a third row of 1-2-1 assuming the J seats are narrower then the F seats, that coukld be a posibuility unless SQ wouldnt want the place too full? beyond that then I guess it would go 1-0-1, giving a total of 14 seats in the nose section.

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
        Thanks but that shows the bigger F class new seats reduced to 10, my rough estimate is that atleast two rows of the J seats could easily continue with Sky suites style 1-2-1 layout, what happens to the narrowing part, does it go 1-1-1 from there or would it accomodate a third row of 1-2-1 assuming the J seats are narrower then the F seats, that coukld be a posibuility unless SQ wouldnt want the place too full? beyond that then I guess it would go 1-0-1, giving a total of 14 seats in the nose section.
        No. F is fractionally wider by a few inches. An additional row of 3 seats in zone A if it's a J config.

The 744s are going to be made into useful soda cans. Pretty pointless to reconfig them now. They had plenty of time to do it.

Comment

Working...
        X