Shocked at SQ's (non) service !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocked at SQ's (non) service !

I was on SQ 861 from HKG to SIN last week. Sat in Y class upper deck. The person next to me was a TPP (I peeked over and saw his BP).

I thought, OMG, I am sitting next to a TPP. I will be totally ignored while the cabin crew fawn over him. Well that is what will happen if I am sitting next to a CX MPC diamond member on a CX flight...

What you know what? Nothing!

The guy was not greeted by the IFS.

He was not asked if he needed anything by the cabin crew on duty.

He was not given his choice of meal first.

He was .. put it plainly, just a normal passenger.

Now if he was a Diamond member...on Cathay Pacific...

He would get special treatment.. like offered first pick of meals. Made to feel welcome by cabin crew who will address his name when serving drinks or meals. He will be greeted by IFS and sometimes even a glass of champers (though in a plastic cup) handed down. Well, that was me when I was still a DM with MPC.

Gosh.. I was so surprised at this indifference! When flying in economy...on SQ that is.

While I never have been a TPP I feel that over the years the touch of personalization and extra effort has waned with many of the newer SQ staff. Don't get me wrong, overall service is still very friendly and polite but the degree of "indifference" has definitely increased or I'm just get more sensitive over the years

Comment

I've gotten personal greetings from FAs on CX and QF and find that, when overdone, the level of attention lavished can be a little embarassing. CX is by far more consistent with the greetings even though I hold status with another OW carrier. Perhaps SQ has instructed their FAs to be more discreet?
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 October 2010, 02:23 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        I've gotten personal greetings from FAs on CX and QF and find that, when overdone, the level of attention lavished can be a little embarassing. CX is by far more consistent with the greetings even though I hold status with another OW carrier. Perhaps SQ has instructed their FAs to be more discreet?
        I have gotten personal greetings and little extras like mineral water, business class socks, and they will be given to me in a carrier bag, in a way to be discreet otherwise other pax will start requesting as well.

Personal greeting etc are usually done on long haul flights only, crew do not have time for short haul, including hong kong sector as well. It really all depends on the kind of crew you got, usually the senior leading crew will lead this.

FYI - SQ do not state this is compulsory in their circulars, all these are extra little touches, so please do not penalise the crew or condemn SQ just because you did not receive all these touches.

Comment

to my surprise today, an asiana stewardess on the very short hop from incheon to kansai took the trouble to greet me, a non-Asiana *G member, by name......sq has cope with competition from the dancers on cebu pacific as well as other airlines doing that bit extra

Comment

It really boils down to the set of crew if they make the effort. But for very short-haul flights such as KUL and CGK, don't expect any special attention as there could be as many as half the passengers being status holders.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
              It really boils down to the set of crew if they make the effort. But for very short-haul flights such as KUL and CGK, don't expect any special attention as there could be as many as half the passengers being status holders.
              And there is seriously not enough time to do greeting as crew have to be busy with boarding, special meals etc.

Comment

When did SQ go Y in upper deck, I thought it was all J.

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
                  Y on the back half of the upperdeck has been that way since day one.

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
                    Maybe the next new delivery of A380 will be entirely J on upper deck.

Comment

This is a better arrangement.

Comment

Working...
                      X