SQ960 changed to a 747?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ960 changed to a 747?

Does anyone know why SQ960 (SIN-CGK) was op-ed up to a 747 ?
    Is this a last min equip change or a permanent thing ?
    Would love to fly a round trip on those sky suites

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
    Does anyone know why SQ960 (SIN-CGK) was op-ed up to a 747 ?
    Is this a last min equip change or a permanent thing ?
    Would love to fly a round trip on those sky suites
    Looks like a last minute equipment change due to a 777-300 going tech. I don't expect it to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      Looks like a last minute equipment change due to a 777-300 going tech. I don't expect it to continue.
      Damn (
      My dad was pretty shocked when he saw a 747 at the gate and texted me immediately
      Should've followed him !!!

Comment

If you're dying to fly on an SQ JumboJet, I recommend you book something soon. SIN-MEL is just for the northern winter peak season and and I believe SIN-FRA-JFK will lose the JumboJet before the end of 2011. SIN-NRT-LAX is less clear, but I would be surprised to see SQ operating passenger JumboJets anywhere after 2012 and possibly not even into 2012.

Comment

The 773 first class has 18 seats, but the 747 skysuites only has 12 seats. SQ961 was full load in first class, probably the initial first class pax load was >12, so in this case, some pax has to be downgraded to business class, and be given compensation ?

Comment

If you're dying to fly on an SQ JumboJet, I recommend you book something soon. SIN-MEL is just for the northern winter peak season and and I believe SIN-FRA-JFK will lose the JumboJet before the end of 2011. SIN-NRT-LAX is less clear, but I would be surprised to see SQ operating passenger JumboJets anywhere after 2012 and possibly not even into 2012.
            Well ... I am not actually DYING to get on one I just love the SkySuites sooooo much
            Hmm... I'll be going back to Japan in Dec, maybe i shall get on the SIN-NRT flight .

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
              Damn (
              My dad was pretty shocked when he saw a 747 at the gate and texted me immediately
              Should've followed him !!!
              Yeah, I was stunned seeing a SQ 747 (9V-SPO) sitting at the E-gates from the viewing gallery.
              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
              X