Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlining Baggage SQ to LH on separate tix

Morning All,

Am traveling on an F Saver Award from SIN-FRA. I then connect to LHR on LH in J on a separate ticket/PNR (connection time is about 2 hours).

I phoned the PPS service centre yesterday to ask about checking bags straight through to LHR and they said it depends on the check in agent/desk etc etc and was unable to confirm either way.

Anyone done this before successfully? I have never interlined baggage before (other than flying on one PNR) so a bit new to this. Anything i should look out for when checking in??

My preference would of course be to fly direct SIN-LHR but there is no way i am going to fork out 150,000 miles for a standard award when i can go via FRA for 70,000!! Also will be nice to do the 744 F one more time (probably my last chance).

Thanks

J

Enjoy the 744 F ride while you still can. Just show the check-in agent both PNRs, tell them you want the luggage to end up in LHR and bob's your uncle...

Comment

It should be no problem. I have connected many, many times in FRA onto a LH flight under a different booking. If you tell the check in staff and show them your LH e-ticket, they can also usually even print the Boarding Pass for you. I must say that it all works incredibly smoothly at the Singapore end. The First Class check in people seem well trained in this. However, flying back is another thing. LH check in staff can never give you your SQ boarding pass unless you are on the same booking. However, checking luggage through is not a problem and then you just pick up your BP from the SQ desk at the departure gate.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys.

Ver reassuring. Not so much of an issue on the return flight as i am stopping over in FRA for a couple of days.

Thanks Again.

J

Comment

SQ does have an interline check-in agreement with the list of airlines stated here. LH is on the list and I am sure they will be able to tag your luggage all the way to LHR.
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
          X