A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
    As mentioned before, 9V-SYF is now on SQ408/407, it has never been on SQ830/833.
    Then why http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines_fleet say so?

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
      Wikipedia is not the source of truth for everything. It is only a guide.

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
        I do hope sarcasm was intended in this post

Comment

• Does this mean the end of the J Saver Award flgiths FRA - SIN?

Comment

• Hi,

I was thinking do you think its possible and economical to replace SQ's 77A with derated 77W (GE90-110B) with same seatings as 77A as one to one replacement?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKF View Post
              do you think its possible and economical to replace SQ's 77A with derated 77W (GE90-110B) with same seatings as 77A as one to one replacement?
              The A330-300 (in service), 787-9 (on order), and A350-900 (on order) all offer a lower purchase price and better operating economics on short-to-medium flights than the 777-300ER.

Comment

• http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=43
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Unofficial: SQ to fly SIN-TPE-JFK by summer

I just had dinner with a friend who works for SQ and he said that SQ is making preparations to fly from SIN to JFK via TPE on a 77W by late summer.

Just FYI.

Comment

• Niceee!
                    There are not many choices when it comes to TPE to New York (direct flight).

Comment

• Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                      Niceee!
                      There are not many choices when it comes to TPE to New York (direct flight).
                      There is none.

BR/CI all make stops, at least on westbounds, and not daily.
                      Last edited by TerryK; 1 April 2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                        Thanks for the input. I have no experience with CPH and ATH but AMS loads from my (very limited) experiences were high. Though from SQ228's personal observation, I guess I was just darn unlucky to always get near full flights.

I haven't flown to AMS for quite a while but noticed that it is rather difficult to secure an award ticket on it when I tried recently. I guess that did not give much representation of the true load.

Now I am wondering where to plonk some miles for a few J saver seats later in the year in the hope of an equipment change to the 380 or at least a 77W.
                        I have flown CPH-SIN 1-2 times a year for the past 6-7 years, both in J and Y, loads are quite good even in front, from my view. I do not think the market is a highyield market for SQ, in Y plenty of leisure passengers with low cost ticket through travels agents, seen it advertised in the papers form time to time, bread and butter passengers, not to make a huge profit. The times I have flown in J, loads have been 60-100%.
                        With the market as it is I do not think SQ will deploy newer equipment to CPH, but I suspect competition will increase with now Qatar operating and maybe soon to come Emirates. CPH will probably have to wait until 787 in SQ colors roam the skys

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                          I just had dinner with a friend who works for SQ and he said that SQ is making preparations to fly from SIN to JFK via TPE on a 77W by late summer.

Just FYI.
                          Makes more sense to me than rumoured SIN-TPE-JFK-FRA-SIN
                          1. CX has been adding flights to JFK whereas SQ been stuck on twice daily for ages
                          2. Makes use of 5th freedom rights from TPE
                          3. No daily TPE-JFK flights ( tho HKG, PVG or PEK better )

Where they getting 77Ws from?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                            Where they getting 77Ws from?
                            My guess:
                            LHR, MEL, PEK and LAX (when it goes to A380 from 77W)

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              My guess:
                              LHR, MEL, PEK and LAX (when it goes to A380 from 77W)
                              And BOM perhaps...

Comment

• Originally posted by itami View Post
                                And BOM perhaps...
                                The BOM bird will likely go to DEL

Comment

Working...
                                X