A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Seems nothing is confirmed at this point - SQ can still keep changing.

856 / 861 is usually safer as is guaranteeed A380 ; SQ 860 / 863 often has last minute aircraft changes.
    agreed... i have got pawned on 860 with last minute switches to the 773 twice b4

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
      agreed... i have got pawned on 860 with last minute switches to the 773 twice b4
      860 / 863 are good day flight timings that most pax prefer, economy class is often overbooked, thus the need for last minute plane change.

Comment

• Was looking at my bookings this afternoon, looks like the 388 will replace the 38A on SQ318/321 from 09DEC11-16DEC11 & 02JAN12-07JAN12.
        Last edited by Nick C; 27 September 2011, 10:26 PM. Reason: Update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Was looking at my bookings this afternoon, looks like the 388 will replace the 38A on SQ318/321 from 09DEC11 - 07JAN12.
          Unfortunately mine (flying around the christmas period) still shows a 38A. Or it could be, well, a website bug.

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
            Unfortunately mine (flying around the christmas period) still shows a 38A. Or it could be, well, a website bug.
            Doubt it's a website bug. Just didn't punch in enough dates.

It's now 09DEC11-16DEC11 & 02JAN12-07JAN12.

Comment

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...6b2_story.html

Hello SIA, it's time to bring back SIN - TPE - USA
              I miss the good old days flying SQ from TPE to LAX

Anyway, just a thought

Comment

• So with the non-stops ending in Q4 next year, I predict that the 77W will be back in LAX...via where will be most interesting.

Will we also see a 77W in EWR?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Will we also see a 77W in EWR?
                  Maybe via Milan.

Comment

• Bring back TPE-LAX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Bring back TPE-LAX.
                      +1 but with BR coming into *A and them having double daily and triple on some days.. I doubt it'll make SQ $$$

I'm guessing PVG-LAX

Comment

I'm guessing PVG-LAX
                        Does China allow 5th Freedom rights?

How about SIN-MXP-JFK/EWR?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                          Does China allow 5th Freedom rights?

How about SIN-MXP-JFK/EWR?
                          MXP is already cleared. Only open question is whether EWR or JFK...

Comment

+1 but with BR coming into *A and them having double daily and triple on some days.. I doubt it'll make SQ $$$

I'm guessing PVG-LAX
                            A SIN-PVG-LAX would really highlight the importance of the Chinese market for SIA transpacific operations.

I think a SIN-TPE-JFK/EWR could also become a viable route with Taiwanese citizens getting US visa waiver starting next month with some reports predicting up to a 30 percent surge in Taiwanese traveling to the States.

I could only dream of an SIA round the world prestige route that would go SIN-TPE-LAX-GIG-BCN-SIN
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by B727 View Post
                              A SIN-PVG-LAX would really highlight the importance of the Chinese market for SIA transpacific operations.
                              I thought that China actively discourages transits in the motherland, so doubt that's possible... (Unless on Chinese metal)

Comment

• SIN-EWR & LAX?

When SQ announce withdrawal of 5xA345 they also announced order for 5xA380.

If you read the forums, A380 can almost do the nonstop flights

With improvements....

Comment

Working...
                                X