Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Anyone know the new MI destination ?
    Are you referring to USM or is there another new destination for MI?
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Bandung appears to be a new destination for MI.
      Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
        Bandung appears to be a new destination for MI.
        Fantastic! I have some friends who were telling me how they love to fly to Bandung (on AK, I believe) for its street food. I'll pass the news on to them.

Love reading your blogs, jimyvr
        Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by solitaire View Post
          FWIW, the latest update from my source in response to my query that SIN-TPE-JFK plans may have been shelved:

***Start of rumour update***********

No news of SIN-TPE-JFK route being shelved.

SIN-PEK goes A380 in Nov '11
          SIN-FRA-JFK goes A380 in Jan '12
          SIN-TPE-JFK starts in Jan '12 using 77W

SQ wants SIN-DEL to be A380, but the Indian authorities will not allow any foreign A380 service until one of the Indian carriers starts it first.

SIN-AKL has a very high chance of going A380, rolling up two daily flights into one.

SQ is mulling a new route via AKL to a South American destination.

******End of rumour update******
          Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
          If the rumour is true, please make the AKL onward to Buenos Aires.... that would open up lots options for me!
          Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Most of that seems to be right, although interesting that you hear the SIN-TPE-JFK flights are still going ahead as the rumour was it had been delayed or dropped.

As it no longer seems to be much of a secret due to some fine investigative work by others , the date for SQ25/26 going A380, all the way to JFK, is 'allegedly' 15 Jan 2012.

Anyone know the new MI destination ?
          Pretty sure SIN-TPE-JFK won't happen for the early part of W'11 (at the very least). Haven't heard anything about SIN-FRA-JFK, but through analyzing their situation I can deduce that SQ won't have more than 3 frames left by Jan '12 (which is the minimum to run the route), so I'd guess the 744 has to be pulled from the route and something would definitely have to replace that. Whether it is the 388 or 77W, I haven't heard anything yet.

AsiaCommuter mentioned something about Buenos Aires, and I'm pretty sure SQ is looking into that. Logic dictates SQ would definitely have to look at alternatives if the Brazilian or Spanish side denies SQ to continue flying BCN-GRU. It is to my understanding that BCN-GRU is not a given and done deal and there were a lot of conditions imposed on SQ for that route, and I would actually think BCN-GRU is granted to SQ on an ad-hoc basis on condition that they codeshare with Spanair. Having said that, I can assume that there is a chance either side might still revoke rights. Knowing SQ's 'kiasu' mentality, I'm sure SQ has made preparations to serve GRU or another South American destination through a different waypoint. I actually scrutinized SQ's position in both the Spanish and Brazilian sides and this complicated circus was also probably the reason why SQ didn't start selling tickets BCN-GRU way earlier than the launch date. Disclaimer: For this paragraph, I'd like to emphasize that this is something I deduced logically rather than from a "rumour" spreading around. I might very well be dead wrong on this.

AKL-South America, or specifically EZE, faces direct competition from the South American carriers such as Aerolineas Argentinas. Is the market big enough for two competitors on that route? I actually think Aerolineas Argentinas gets profits because their EZE-AKL flight continues on to SYD. Damned sure SQ can't possibly fly SIN-SYD-AKL-EZE/GRU, as the Australian authorities would most likely raise a stinker on it. To those in the loop, could SQ be contemplating a 77W going SIN - CPT/JNB - EZE/GRU?

MAN Flyer, would the new MI route be the USM one they announced few days ago? Or is there something else they haven't announced yet?

Comment

• Interesting rumors there.. Especially SIN-PEK going A380. Will they need to reduce the 3 daily flights into say 17x weekly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
              MAN Flyer, would the new MI route be the USM one they announced few days ago?
              Nope, it's the one correctly identified by jimyvr a couple of posts above.

Three times a week.

Comment

• Just heard 308 will go 380 end oct

Comment

• According to jimyvr's recent update on MEL losing the 388 in JAN 12, there's enough anecdotal evidence pointing to SQ26/25 going 388.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    According to jimyvr's recent update on MEL losing the 388 in JAN 12, there's enough anecdotal evidence pointing to SQ26/25 going 388.
                    So the 744s off the route will go to HKG I presume?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      So the 744s off the route will go to HKG I presume?
                      744 to HKG is now shelved.

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                      Just heard 308 will go 380 end oct
                      SQ recently publicly said all LHR service goes 380 by the end of the year
                      Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
                        744 to HKG is now shelved.
                        From 5th Sep 2011, SQ 866 / 865 will be 77W.

No more 744 from mid-Jan, 77W all the way as of now.

From 5th Sep, SQ 860 / 863 will be 772 retrofitted, replacing 77W.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                          From 5th Sep 2011, SQ 866 / 865 will be 77W.

No more 744 from mid-Jan, 77W all the way as of now.

From 5th Sep, SQ 860 / 863 will be 772 retrofitted, replacing 77W.
                          Woot!!! Luckily I erred to be later, preferring 856 to 860 for my end Sep trip to HKG

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                            Woot!!! Luckily I erred to be later, preferring 856 to 860 for my end Sep trip to HKG
                            Seems nothing is confirmed at this point - SQ can still keep changing.

856 / 861 is usually safer as is guaranteeed A380 ; SQ 860 / 863 often has last minute aircraft changes.

Comment

• If there are no plans to send the 744s to any new destinations, it seems the Megatop era ends after they're off SQ25/26

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                If there are no plans to send the 744s to any new destinations, it seems the Megatop era ends after they're off SQ25/26
                                Melbourne - SQ 237 / 228 will be back to 744

http://airlineroute.net/2011/08/03/sq-w11update5/

Comment

Working...
                                X