Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Noooo! Really, really sad to see the end of 77W service to LHR

388=upper deck Y a/c and A38E=all J upper deck?
    No. SQ308/319 are the 77W services.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      ZRH(346/345) and LHR(318/321) will go A8E come OCT.
      Where will the freed up A388s go?

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
        FRA perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          388=upper deck Y a/c and A38E=all J upper deck?
          A8A & A8B = UD Y (A/B could be the difference in the O/Head compartment design - wild guess )

A8E is the = All J UD

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Maybe C Checks? The 346/345 & 318/321 combo frees up 3 A8A/A8Bs. So looks like the 3 A8Es will be on captive rotations.

Comment

Maybe C Checks? The 346/345 & 318/321 combo frees up 3 A8A/A8Bs. So looks like the 3 A8Es will be on captive rotations.
              J UD refit?

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                J UD refit?
                No. 2 more frames are due in AUG/SEP.

Comment

• 3x daily whalejet to LHR? First they took away the SkySuites. Now they're taking F off the LHR route....

Where will the 77Ws go to then?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    3x daily whalejet to LHR? First they took away the SkySuites. Now they're taking F off the LHR route....

Where will the 77Ws go to then?
                    77W is still 308/319 but I won't be surprised if they upgauge it to the 388.

Comment

• Wouldn't FRA deserve the A380s more?
                      It is a premium route, there is a lot of demand for F and J capacity and it does not have consistent product offering (SQ25/26 vs SQ325/326). And now the competitor is going to deploy their best planes.

Unless the terminal SQ uses in FRA is not A380-ready. Or if there are regulatory issues. Or it is is indeed just not feasible to expand capacity to JFK and they are not willing to drop the tag.

Comment

Which makes me wonder - IF the 77W service ends, where would they be likely be deployed to?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          3x daily whalejet to LHR? First they took away the SkySuites. Now they're taking F off the LHR route....
                          There has always been F on all the LHR flights and there will continue to be so.

Please dont say you bought that 'class beyond first' guff, even SQ dropped that silly tag line a long time ago.

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          It's always been the intention for LHR to go all 380, it's just been a matter of when. The UK GM hinted recently in an interview that this is not far off.

Comment

• FWIW, the latest update from my source in response to my query that SIN-TPE-JFK plans may have been shelved:

***Start of rumour update***********

No news of SIN-TPE-JFK route being shelved.

SIN-PEK goes A380 in Nov '11
                            SIN-FRA-JFK goes A380 in Jan '12
                            SIN-TPE-JFK starts in Jan '12 using 77W

SQ wants SIN-DEL to be A380, but the Indian authorities will not allow any foreign A380 service until one of the Indian carriers starts it first.

SIN-AKL has a very high chance of going A380, rolling up two daily flights into one.

SQ is mulling a new route via AKL to a South American destination.

******End of rumour update******

Comment

• Originally posted by solitaire View Post
                              SIN-AKL has a very high chance of going A380, rolling up two daily flights into one.

SQ is mulling a new route via AKL to a South American destination.

If the rumour is true, please make the AKL onward to Buenos Aires.... that would open up lots options for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by solitaire View Post
                                FWIW, the latest update from my source in response to my query that SIN-TPE-JFK plans may have been shelved:

***Start of rumour update***********

No news of SIN-TPE-JFK route being shelved.

SIN-PEK goes A380 in Nov '11
                                SIN-FRA-JFK goes A380 in Jan '12
                                SIN-TPE-JFK starts in Jan '12 using 77W

Most of that seems to be right, although interesting that you hear the SIN-TPE-JFK flights are still going ahead as the rumour was it had been delayed or dropped.

As it no longer seems to be much of a secret due to some fine investigative work by others , the date for SQ25/26 going A380, all the way to JFK, is 'allegedly' 15 Jan 2012.

Anyone know the new MI destination ?

Comment

Working...
                                X