No announcement yet.

A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm terribly sorry that this is directly not 388/77W related.

But the birds' latest twits are that SQ wants to link two of its existing destinations into one. My dollar is on a IST - ATH linkage. Are changes to the Winter '11 schedule still possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
      I'm terribly sorry that this is directly not 388/77W related.

But the birds' latest twits are that SQ wants to link two of its existing destinations into one. My dollar is on a IST - ATH linkage. Are changes to the Winter '11 schedule still possible?
      My guess was that they kill MAN und stop flying to MUC and roll the MUC traffic into a daily A380 flight to FRA. The change for SIN-FRA is already work in progress and the consolidation would make a lot of (economic) sense for SQ. And it would involve A380/77W, so you are right on track ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airbus SAS A340-500 View Post
        My dollar is on a IST - ATH linkage
        Jackpot

Comment

• I have wondered why IST-ATH wasn't linked before... Are there any plans?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I have wondered why IST-ATH wasn't linked before... Are there any plans?
            SQ490/491 used to go via DXB till W10. Linking it back then would have meant a 2 stopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              Jackpot
              Was looking through SIN — IST and SIN — ATH timetable. The days that the IST flight do operate, the ATH doesn't. But IST is currently 4x weekly and ATH is 3x weekly, so I wonder how the arrangements would be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                I have wondered why IST-ATH wasn't linked before... Are there any plans?
                What I'd rather SQ do is fly SIN — IST — ATH v.v. and SIN — IST — FCO v.v. 2x weekly each. Cut ATH and FCO from 3x weekly to 2x weekly. IST, the intermediate stop, would then remain as 4x weekly.

Comment

• IST is going to 6 x weekly with 3 of them going to ATH.

Comment

• Heard rumours that Washington might be SQ's new destination next.

Do you think there is load to justify this new route ?

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                      Heard rumours that Washington might be SQ's new destination next.

Do you think there is load to justify this new route ?
                      I doubt there'd be enough load to justify this route. I don't know if youre referring to Washington D.C or Washingston (state) but I still don't think there'd be enough load...for both places.

What has SQ got to gain by going to Washington? I'd rather they bring back the Vancouver route

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                        What has SQ got to gain by going to Washington? I'd rather they bring back the Vancouver route
                        Or restart ORD. There was a rumour of ORD via MUC last year or the year before.

Comment

• SQ should be able to handle SEA, in my opinion......

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                            Or restart ORD. There was a rumour of ORD via MUC last year or the year before.
                            Makes sense esp it is major UA Hub.

Comment

• ZRH(346/345) and LHR(318/321) will go A8E come OCT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                                ZRH(346/345) and LHR(318/321) will go A8E come OCT.
                                Noooo! Really, really sad to see the end of 77W service to LHR

388=upper deck Y a/c and A38E=all J upper deck?

Comment

Working...
                                X