A380/77W: route and equipment rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Wonder if this is start of 3rd daily NYC flight or does it mean the end for FRA-JFK?

And what of rumoured SIN-MXP-JFK?
    Birdies say they didn't get rights from Italian authorities...

Comment

• Will India allow 380? they're not letting LH fly it there.

Comment

• It's take your pick time with the rumours of upcoming route changes and additions:

- Some JFK staff believe they are getting another flight, and according to a number of crew SQ have recently been recruiting additional Taiwanese crew.

- SQ25/26 may go 77W, it may go A380 and it may have the JFK tag dropped.

- This may be happening at the end of September, October, December or March.

- Depending on what happens to SQ25/26, SQ325/326 may go A380.

- The most worrying rumour for me is what could be happening with SQ327/328...

Comment

• The most worrying rumour for me is what could be happening with SQ327/328...
          I use this route, what is the rumor please?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Let me guess... There are no premium pax from MAN, so drop the tag, and maybe, if really lucky, MAN will be served by ex-SQ 777s as part of the new lo-co subsidiary? I feel history repeating...

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
              Let me guess... There are no premium pax from MAN, .
              Oh look, that old myth perpetuated by people down in the village on the Thames.

Complete and utter bollox of course, otherwise why would EK have gone to 3 x daily including 1 x A380 and EK and QR both go double daily as well. They must be all Y config A380's, 777's and A330's.

SQ's nonstop 772ER flights into MAN used to be so busy in Raffles I was regularly waitlisted for weeks as QPP and TPP to clear waitlists. They even requested additional flights up to 10 a week to satisfy the demand. Then the A380 delays and oil price surge came and they never got the daily service back...

As for the loco subsidiary flying there, as they haven't even got a name for them yet I doubt they've even though about it.

Comment

Oh look, that old myth perpetuated by people down in the village on the Thames.

Complete and utter bollox of course, otherwise why would EK have gone to 3 x daily including 1 x A380 and EK and QR both go double daily as well. They must be all Y config A380's, 777's and A330's.

SQ's nonstop 772ER flights into MAN used to be so busy in Raffles I was regularly waitlisted for weeks as QPP and TPP to clear waitlists. They even requested additional flights up to 10 a week to satisfy the demand. Then the A380 delays and oil price surge came and they never got the daily service back...

As for the loco subsidiary flying there, as they haven't even got a name for them yet I doubt they've even though about it.
                I have heard that EK will be having 2 A380 services daily.

So what is the rumor, or isnt there one? Sorry if i have missed something obvious

Comment

Well, as you know, it's not about load, it's about yield. If MAN had so many premium passengers, why have CX, QF, MH pulled out? The nonstop MH 744s were always overbooked in Y, yet they were losing money hand-over-fist, while, by comparison, LHR was about their only profitable route in the network

And if SQ flew everywhere that EK and QR do in Europe, it would still be flying to MAD, SXF, BRU, VIE and MLA (have I missed anywhere?). EK regularly discounts F and J out of MAN and BHX (but not LHR/LGW), so that just shows how well they're doing up front - currently they're offering you £200 in shopping vouchers for the pleasure of your company (in addition to 2-3 free 5* hotel nights in Dubai, companion fares in J, and F for the price of J)

Comment

It's take your pick time with the rumours of upcoming route changes and additions:

- Some JFK staff believe they are getting another flight, and according to a number of crew SQ have recently been recruiting additional Taiwanese crew.

- SQ25/26 may go 77W, it may go A380 and it may have the JFK tag dropped.

- This may be happening at the end of September, October, December or March.

- Depending on what happens to SQ25/26, SQ325/326 may go A380.

Well, applying some common sense, the situation for SQ is:

- flying two 77W at the same time from SIN to MUC and FRA and back (77W: 8/42/228)
                    OR
                    - replacing both with one A380 all-J (12/84/311)

Slightly lower capacity at a ways lower price... Think... Think... Think...

Culling MUC-MAN would also free up the aircrafts for SIN-TPE-JFK.

Done.

Summary:

End of October:
                    SIN-TPE-JFK w/ 77W
                    SIN-FRA (SQ25/26) w/ A380
                    SQ 325/326 stays 77W
                    SQ 327/328 will be discontinued

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      Well, applying some common sense, the situation for SQ is:

- flying two 77W at the same time from SIN to MUC and FRA and back (77W: 8/42/228)
                      OR
                      - replacing both with one A380 all-J (12/84/311)

Slightly lower capacity at a ways lower price... Think... Think... Think...

Done.

Summary:

End of October:
                      SIN-TPE-JFK w/ 77W
                      SIN-FRA (SQ25/26) w/ A380
                      SQ 325/326 stays 77W
                      Isn't that going to make LHR/FRA a lot more busier and Virgin/Luthansa laughing with all those codeshare pax?

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                        Isn't that going to make LHR/FRA a lot more busier and Virgin/Luthansa laughing with all those codeshare pax?
                        Short answer: no.

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                          Well, as you know, it's not about load, it's about yield. If MAN had so many premium passengers, why have CX, QF, MH pulled out? The nonstop MH 744s were always overbooked in Y, yet they were losing money hand-over-fist, while, by comparison, LHR was about their only profitable route in the network.
                          Why did CX and QF pull out ?. Look no further than that large airline based where you live who are just coming to the end of a bitter dispute with their cabin crew. They wanted the feed into their LHR flights to HKG and Australia, simple as that. They continue to pressure CX not to come back to this day. As for MH, since when has anything they do made sense ?. They were told to replace the 3 class 744 with a 2 class 772 (same as SQ were operating successfully at the time) but dropped the route when they restructured, and MAN was one of a number of routes dropped.

And if SQ flew everywhere that EK and QR do in Europe, it would still be flying to MAD, SXF, BRU, VIE and MLA (have I missed anywhere?).
                          A slightly strange comment. First of all they couldn't operate to those places as they don't have the aircraft. While EK and the others have been expanding SQ seem to be sat on their hands for the last couple of years not knowing whether to stick or twist, and that still seems to be the case. I am sure you would not be silly enough to claim that just because SQ doesn't fly to a certain airport doesn't mean others can't make it work.

EK regularly discounts F and J out of MAN and BHX (but not LHR/LGW), so that just shows how well they're doing up front - currently they're offering you £200 in shopping vouchers for the pleasure of your company (in addition to 2-3 free 5* hotel nights in Dubai, companion fares in J, and F for the price of J)
                          I don't fly EK and have no intention of doing so, so I can't comment on what they charge. All I do know is they have been adding capacity - including F - for a while now (a strange thing to do if yields are no good) and friends of mine who are EK Gold card holders claim the yield ex MAN is as good as, if not better, than LGW according to EK. This usually gets thrown at me when I ask them why they bother flying with EK.

Comparing anywhere to LHR is just silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            MUC-MAN is 90 minutes flying time, so I don't think that will be enough to free an aircraft to do SIN-TPE-JFK.

Nope.

Comment

MUC-MAN is 90 minutes flying time, so I don't think that will be enough to free an aircraft to do SIN-TPE-JFK.

Nope.
                              I think SMK77 was referring to culling the entire SIN-MUC-MAN route consolidating German market in FRA with 1 A380 and 1 77W.

Anyway, you also have not shared with us about what you are worried about wrt SQ327/328.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                                ...Anyway, you also have not shared with us about what you are worried about wrt SQ327/328.
                                My guess is that it may go back to 2-class 777-200ER. SQ is well established in MAN. I doubt SQ will pull out of it.
                                Last edited by TerryK; 7 July 2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X