Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    My guess:
    LHR, MEL, PEK and LAX (when it goes to A380 from 77W)
    After the 773s are retrofitted and swapped with the 77Ws on the regional routes, likely BOM, AKL (going to be 773 soon), PEK, MEL and if the A380 goes to LAX, LHR or even HKG/SFO to replace 77W.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Wonder if this is start of 3rd daily NYC flight or does it mean the end for FRA-JFK?

And what of rumoured SIN-MXP-JFK?

Comment

• SQ 638 seems to be 77W for the next few days. Does anybody know if this is a temporary arrangement or will it be permanent?

If this turns out to be permanent it will mean there are no 380s into Japan until further notice or when they launch LAX.

SQ has long fought for the right to use 380s on NRT to LAX....will the Japanese authorities revoke it if they continue with 77W for an extended period of time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          I just had dinner with a friend who works for SQ and he said that SQ is making preparations to fly from SIN to JFK via TPE on a 77W by late summer.

Just FYI.
          AWESOME!! CAN'T WAIT!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            My guess:
            LHR, MEL, PEK and LAX (when it goes to A380 from 77W)
            Oh No!! 77W is my favourite flight SIN-LHR-SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by tya View Post
              AWESOME!! CAN'T WAIT!
              Latest I've heard is the same as what you mentioned.
              Only thing that might affect the starting date (to be pushed as far as S12) would be a knee-jerk increase of oil prices.

Comment

• How are oil prices related to equipment change?
                Is the 747 more fuel efficient than the 77W ? I always have the impression it's the other way round.

Can someone enlighten?

Comment

• The 77W is always more fuel efficient than the 744 any day, no matter what the fuel prices are. The only reason I could possibly think of for switching from 77W to 744 might be capacity increase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                    I just had dinner with a friend who works for SQ and he said that SQ is making preparations to fly from SIN to JFK via TPE on a 77W by late summer.

Just FYI.
                    post deleted
                    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                      How are oil prices related to equipment change?
                      Is the 747 more fuel efficient than the 77W ? I always have the impression it's the other way round.

Can someone enlighten?

Nothing to do with equipment. The oil prices are starting to affect SQ quite painfully. Expect frequency cuts on some routes...

Comment

• With the delay of the introduction of the SIN-TPE-JFK route, SQ would have no choice but to stick with the relatively "fuel-inefficient" 744 for the SQ26 route it seems. Unless they are prepared to send a 388 all the way to JFK via FRA.

Comment

• Originally posted by eriond View Post
                          With the delay of the introduction of the SIN-TPE-JFK route, SQ would have no choice but to stick with the relatively "fuel-inefficient" 744 for the SQ26 route it seems. Unless they are prepared to send a 388 all the way to JFK via FRA.
                          There is always still the refurbed 772ERs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
                            There is always still the refurbed 772ERs...
                            I don't believe any of the 772ERs have been retrofitted, but nevertheless the SQ26 SIN-FRA redeye is one of the "high-yield" routes for SQ with a number of pax connecting to LH flights. I would say putting a 77W to be insufficient, much less a 77E.

Comment

• Frankfurt

Lufthansa is going A380 on the FRA-SIN run from 30 Oct. See hereL
                              http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/19/lh-sincgk-w11/

My wild guess is that SQ will announce a reciprocal move (given that they are partners) soon, so that may affect the NYC routes as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                                Even after adding SIN-FRA and vv. SQ25/26 to the list, I am skeptical about the omission of SQ308/319 (LHR).
                                Amazing, this quote was from October of 2010 and SQ has announced that LHR will get three Whalejet services by the end of the year.

Is SIN-TPE-JFK-(FRA) still work in progress? And by when would FRA see the Whalejet? Replacing the 747 or the 77W?

Comment

Working...
                                X