Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethernet Port on 77W

Hi,

I don't travel often. Just looking on SeatGuru and they say the SQ 77W has a Ethernet Port for every seat. I have never been on the 77W so i am not sure if it is actually there.

I am just wondering why is it there since SQ do not offer an internet connection on any flights.

Does anybody know why?

Thanks

Are you sure you got your information right?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      I don't travel often. Just looking on SeatGuru and they say the SQ 77W has a Ethernet Port for every seat.
      Yep, each of the new Y class (and possibly J and F) seats have the ethernet port there, along with a composite input plug (and iPod connectivity on the A330). It does not appear to be used at the moment (at least not from a passenger POV) although there may be plans for it in the future.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
        Yep, each of the new Y class (and possibly J and F) seats have the ethernet port there.
        Yes J and F seats also have the ethernet ports. I also found some some interesting things in Krisworld software which are not used at the moment, outside view, ect.

Comment

ah thanks, internet is something i would like to see on SQ. When they tried it years ago it failed. But in them days the internet wasnt as popular. Now i think it would be successful.

With the USB port and an iPod what extra do you get out of it? Could you watch movies on your iPod on the bigger screen?

Thanks

Comment

I think here's the port in question. The one right at the bottom. It is there, but not in use currently as SQ doesn't offer internet.

Taken during my ride on 9V-SWF last December.

Comment

Thanks,

Does the USB port all you to play videos on a pen drive on the screen?

Thanks

Comment

The 77Ws were originally planned to include Internet service but these were never put in place.

You can see that when 9V-SWA was first delivered, it had the internet receiver "bubble":

Original Photolink: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...-ER/1345529/M/

Its now been removed

Original Photolink: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...-ER/1734750/M/

Comment

Thanks,

Does the USB port all you to play videos on a pen drive on the screen?

Thanks
                  No idea, did not try.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                    No idea, did not try.
                    Whilst this applies to my experience on the A380 I believe the hardware will operate in the same way. I have connected my phone in USB mode to the port (same as inserting a USB stick) and was able to view photos on the screen but not video files. I also connected the phone via the video co-ax socket usine the appropriate Nokia cable and was disappointed that this wouldn't allow video playback, as I had assumed the port would act in a similar way to one on a conventional TV.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      The 77Ws were originally planned to include Internet service but these were never put in place.

You can see that when 9V-SWA was first delivered, it had the internet receiver "bubble":

Original Photolink: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...-ER/1345529/M/

Its now been removed

Original Photolink: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...-ER/1734750/M/

Thanks for the pics. Disappointing they decided against it

Comment

Thanks for the pics. Disappointing they decided against it
                        They probably decided that nobody is willing to part with an arm or leg for it.

Comment

To be fair, it wasn't that expensive for long flights. But for short flights, it wasn't really worth it. I would pay around up to S$25 for 15 hour flight, but that's all.
                          Life's A Bitch,
                          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            Very interesting indeed! I did not even notice that prominent feature on SQ's 77W when it first came out. You have a really sharp eye 9V-JKL

SQ really should have had the internet feature on the 77W, then they would have had a serious advantage over the other major international carriers.
                            Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Working...
                            X