Ooh, Bollinger in J!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmy View Post
    I didn't ask...... they offered juices for pre-takeoff, and when the stewardess came around to take drink orders after take-off, I asked for champagne (Bollinger as per menu) and she duly noted.

But came around 5 mins later to inform me that they did not load any champagne for the flight and offered me wines instead...

I hope I will get mine on the return trip...
    Sign of more cut-backs? But it is a bit silly to have champagne on the menu and not carry it on board at all. Maybe you should write in and ask for an explanation...
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
      Sign of more cut-backs? But it is a bit silly to have champagne on the menu and not carry it on board at all. Maybe you should write in and ask for an explanation...
      I did, and just got a reply this evening. The caterer had missed out in loading the champagne and by the time they realised the error and rushed to the aircraft, the flight had departed.....

Coupled with my seat problems, they had given me 5,000 KF miles as token of their apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
        Coupled with my seat problems, they had given me 5,000 KF miles as token of their apologies.
        You should have pointed out that 5000 miles are worth half what they were a few years ago with the ban on saver redemptions in J on 77W and A380 and asked for 10,000.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          You should have pointed out that 5000 miles are worth half what they were a few years ago with the ban on saver redemptions in J on 77W and A380 and asked for 10,000.
          Haha, I didn't expect this actually, moreover, this was a redemption flight, hence I'm quite satisfied already.

Comment

Looks like we may have seen the last of the Bolly. Recent flights have had Henriot Brut Souverain on the menu, although inbound to SIN last week on SQ327 they had that and some Bollinger.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Looks like we may have seen the last of the Bolly. Recent flights have had Henriot Brut Souverain on the menu, although inbound to SIN last week on SQ327 they had that and some Bollinger.
              Wow, I don't know what's worse...
              HUGE AL

Comment

No Bolly on SQ286 yesterday, just the Henriot.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Wow, I don't know what's worse...
                  For someone whose seat numbers are never in double digits, I think it must have been a while since you had to worry about this trivial problem

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                    For someone whose seat numbers are never in double digits, I think it must have been a while since you had to worry about this trivial problem
                    Nice observation stargold How about when he flies LH 744 though?

Comment

Hmm the champagne is getting definitely cheaper so cost pressure maybe one thing. The Bolly was quite good in my book. Didn't care so much for the CH. I haven't tried the new one yet, but will get a chance over CNY when flying SQ C to CGK.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                        I thought it was always NH F or LX F?

Comment

hahahaha Well...there is the ridiculous problem of burning those BD Miles before becoming BA Gold.

On a weirder note, I may need it as the WSJ is reporting DL making a bid for AA.

Only one choice the last time: 2000 Champagne Laurent-Perrier Millésimé

I thought it was always NH F or LX F?

Great to see you back on here! Hope to catch up some time this year.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Great to see you back on here! Hope to catch up some time this year.
                            Is that directed at stargold or me? - either way it's great to be back and indeed hope to catch up with you soon

Comment

Is that directed at stargold or me? - either way it's great to be back and indeed hope to catch up with you soon
                              stargold

Dude, keep up! You've been on here; he's been gone for two years.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

stargold

Dude, keep up! You've been on here; he's been gone for two years.
                                Actually he's probably been on more than me

Comment

Working...
                                X