SIN-PEK Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-PEK Upgrades

I will be travelling SIN-PEK-SIN in December for work. I was thinking of upgrading to Business, using miles I've collected on my credit cards (which I have yet to transfer into my KF account). Unfortunately, the flights that suit me are SQ802 and SQ805, both of which run on a 77W, and so would not qualify for Saver upgrades. I am debating whether to go out of my way and get the SQ800, just to save on miles. Is the Business product on the 77W really that much better? Also, would people suggest upgrading SIN-PEK or PEK-SIN?

And more importantly, once I have upgraded, can I still credit the miles to a different FFP? I know I only get the Y miles, but I plan on crediting elsewhere.

Thanks!

I've done SQ800 SIN-PEK Y-J before because that's the one that made the most sense... for me... the timings won't work for everyone, though. So if you're got early meetings to attend, it's good, but you may not get a great sleep (I frequently arrive for my PEK meetings looking a bit worse for the wear, but am used to the routine now, and it's the only way to meet everyone's timings). I don't find good value redeeming on Standard awards, certainly not on SIN-PEK, but some people do.

Yes, you can credit your Y miles to another FFP.

Comment

Working...
    X