Luggage allowance after a stopover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage allowance after a stopover

If you are booked SFO-HKG-SIN, would your luggage allowance be reduced on the HKG-SIN sector if you stay a day or two in HKG?

deleted
    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I Did YVR-HKG-SIN with CX. When I returned from YVR , I stayed in HKG for 2 nights , I did the check in for HKG-SIN and the check-in lady automatically recognise that I had came from YVR . Therefore the baggage allowance had not been reduced for HKG-SIN sector.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

I called SQ and they did confirm that the US luggage allowance will be applied on all legs, even if a stopover was made.

But my neighbor claims that when he stopped over in HKG, their allowance was reduced on the connecting flight. He is not a plane geek and probably does not remember his itinerary quite accurately. I have a hunch that he may have transferred to another airline in HKG onwards to SIN. In this case, will the new carrier, say CX, allot them reduced allowances on the HKG-SIN sector, even if the entire SFO-HKG-SIN itinerary was issued on one ticket? Just curious.

Comment

I did JFK-LHR-SIN where JFK-LHR was on Virgin and LHR-SIN was on SQ with a one night stopover in LHR.
          I was clearly overweight even for J class ~ had 50kg. No problems when I told the agent at check-in that I was enroute from US.

Comment

Originally posted by Datex Ohmeda View Post
            I did JFK-LHR-SIN where JFK-LHR was on Virgin and LHR-SIN was on SQ with a one night stopover in LHR.
            I was clearly overweight even for J class ~ had 50kg. No problems when I told the agent at check-in that I was enroute from US.
            Might that be because of the codeshare/half-ownership agreement?

Comment

Working...
            X