Suite Deals for you and your special someone. Promotion ends 3 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suite Deals for you and your special someone. Promotion ends 3 September

Received this email from SQ, only applicable for travelling out of Singapore :

Suite Deals for you and your special someone. Promotion ends 3 September

Dear XXXXX,

Come experience the Singapore Airlines Suites with your special someone. The Singapore Airlines Suites provide a privileged few with their own haven of tranquillity. Relish in an exquisitely private space in the largest ever seat and experience the pleasure of sleeping on a real bed, not one converted from a seat. For a limited time only, enjoy this exclusive fare offer at up to 40% discount when you purchase a second ticket.

Don’t miss this splendid opportunity to pamper yourself and your significant other. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Terms

(1) The discount level quoted is only applicable to the second ticket provided one ticket has been purchased at the undiscounted fare and both passengers travel together. All tickets will be issued at the applicable discount fare levels as quoted above.

(2) All Singapore Airlines fares quoted include the price of the air ticket, associated taxes and surcharges only. Fares quoted are subject to change due to currency fluctuations and are available from now to 3 September 2010. Fares quoted are per person on round trip travel in Suites, for travel out of Singapore from 17 August 2010 to 31 January 2011. A minimum of two passengers must travel together on the entire itinerary for the fare to apply. Tickets are not interchangeable for travel on other airlines. Fares quoted are valid on all flights except London – SQ322. Other terms and conditions apply.

From SIN to :
    HKG - SGD 4,700
    NRT - SGD 8,740
    MEL - SGD 8,860
    SYD - SGD 8,880
    ZRH - SGD 14,400
    CDG - SGD 14,500
    LHR - SGD 15,630 (Not applicable for SQ 322)

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...-promotion.jsp
    Last edited by feb01mel; 18 August 2010, 06:58 PM.

Looks like Suites are really not selling as good as SQ hope they will be. Seriously, just re-market it as First Class on A380.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      Looks like Suites are really not selling as good as SQ hope they will be. Seriously, just re-market it as First Class on A380.
      I do hope one of the contributors to HBR is monitoring this saga. I suspect the Suites will go down well as a case study on how a (formerly?) marketing-savvy company grew arrogant, lost touch with its customers and competitor offerings, and had to scramble to recoup the badly-positioned investment.

Just an ongoing hypothesis (subject to revision) of mine, mind.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I do hope one of the contributors to HBR is monitoring this saga. I suspect the Suites will go down well as a case study on how a (formerly?) marketing-savvy company grew arrogant, lost touch with its customers and competitor offerings, and had to scramble to recoup the badly-positioned investment.

Just an ongoing hypothesis (subject to revision) of mine, mind.
        Ha ha ha. I don't think the folks at HBR are traveling on SQ that often to realistically come to the conclusion that premium class travelers are not affected by the struggle to be cost leader. Don't remember reading them collecting information from the customer side and should that not be a key element in any market study?

As for the suites, a bit more space but same same service at double the price. But I am sure some folks are still willing to pay for it and it is their money and choices.
        Last edited by LionCity; 18 August 2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
          Ha ha ha. I don't think the folks at HBR are traveling on SQ that often to realistically come to the conclusion that premium class travelers are not affected by the struggle to be cost leader. Don't remember reading them collecting information from the customer side and should not be a key element in any market study?
          True that. The authors of the article you cited in an earlier thread seemed to have lost their skepticism, IMHO.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I was going to take up this promotion for my flight back from SIN to LHR and what flight would that be? You guessed it SQ322.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
              I was going to take up this promotion for my flight back from SIN to LHR and what flight would that be? You guessed it SQ322.
              Would it really be such an inconvenience to take the other A380 flight?

Comment

Well, if you do manage to reschedule and take advantage of the offer, please be sure to take lots of photos for a TR

Comment

Is the end of the year perhaps looking a bit light for SQ? They're discounting economy ex UK as well.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Would it really be such an inconvenience to take the other A380 flight?
                    Yes it would be! I have to be on that flight to meet up with someone, would need to change all their flights and pickup ect.

Comment

Yes it would be! I have to be on that flight to meet up with someone, would need to change all their flights and pickup ect.
                      That's a terrible shame, oh well, still worth a TR don't you think? How about entitling it "The suite dream that never was"?

Comment

I got companion fares on Emirates in 1st Class Dus - Pek - Hkg - Dus via Dubai for EUR 2632 per person.

Comment

Now is First Class Promotions across SQ Network

Now is First Class Promotions across SQ Network

Promotion ends 30th Sep, minimum 1 to travel.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...onal-fares.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                            Promotion ends 30th Sep, minimum 1 to travel.
                            ?????? can there be lesser than 1 to travel?

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                              ?????? can there be lesser than 1 to travel?
                              They have to lay down this condition because some other promotions are "Minimum 2 to travel".

This shows you are not familiar with SQ promotions.
                              Last edited by feb01mel; 7 September 2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X