Help please... [left handbag with camera onboard SQ]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please... [left handbag with camera onboard SQ]

I lost my handbag with a nikon cool pix camera inside on flight SQ11 from Tokyo Narita to Singapore (Departing Tokyo at 19:10, Aug 14, 2010) and the airline lost&found department couldn't find it on the aircraft after I reported the loss. Some pax or crew member must have taken it already. I know it's my own fault and mistake, but the memories and moments of my holiday in Hokkaido in the past week contained by the camera is simply irreplaceable and I am really really devastated now...The only hope to me is if I can reach the people onboard the same flight to see if anyone knows the whereabout of my camera and would be kindly enough to mail the memory card back to me. The finder can keep the bag and the camera, and I just want the memory card back. I'm even willing to give a reward for the return of it.

Becky

beckyxl@gmail.com

Sorry to hear of your loss

More than happy to continue bumping up this thread from time to time to see if we get a response. Hope it works out for you!

Comment

Becky,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know it says to contact the airline (which you have) but have you also checked with Narita airport on the off chance that your camera/card may be with them ?

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/trav...k/asklist.html

Narita Customs Lost Property Office
      Terminal 1: +81(0)476-32-6049
      Terminal 2: +81(0)476-34-2157
      8:30 - 17:00 (Closed Sat., Sun. and holidays)

Comment

Hi Becky, I know how you're feeling as i have been in that situation before.
        After every flight, if any crew member finds any left behind items, It is a must for them to report it and return the item...If not they might face consequences if they are found to have taken the item. Do try to contact Narita as what jhm has advised

Comment

I was in an almost identical situation as you when I flew SQ637 from Narita to Singapore last December, so I know how you feel. I left my video camera bag at the boarding gate and only discovered my loss when I landed in Singapore. I too had gone on a holiday to Hokkaido and lost all my videos taken there. I contacted the airline, lost & found at Changi as well as Narita SQ office and the lost & found there for about 2 weeks to check on the status. The Japanese were fairly helpful. Unfortunately, my bag was never found. Did you have any identification on your bag? The chances of locating your bag may be higher if it has an ID on it.

From my previous experience of leaving items onboard, I was able to recover them just once. Its not easy but its worth the effort to try recovering your lost items. You never know what may turn up. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you guys for all the warm words and tips. I'm very sure the bag was sitting next to me all the way till the plane landed in Changi. I was busy attending to my other bag in the overhead compartment and totally forgot about the one on the seat when getting off the aircraft. But funnily (fortunately or unfortunately) enough, there's nothing but my camera that was inside the lost bag...My ID and my credit card were all within the other bag...

I'm quite surprised some passenger might have taken it given that everyone seems to be in a rush to leave at that time and the bag was rather small and probably stuck in between the armrest of the seats...I usually don't even look at other people's seats when leaving, let alone take away anything...

But anyways, it's my own fault and I just have to accept it. The Hokkaido trip will be more memorable without the pictures perhaps...

Comment

Why don't you contact the mod here to have sticky this tread?

Comment

Thanks, but how can I contact the modifier here?

Comment

Originally posted by becky View Post
                  The moderators are indeed watching this thread If you bump this thread up ever so often (by posting a reply) - we won't need to sticky this How does that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by becky View Post
                    Very good question! Hope they'll(moderator) magically appear!

You could try to post in more forum? e.g. clubsnap?

Comment

Thanks. I was also hoping SQ could cross the message to all the passengers onboard the same flight via email or sth. But my lost camera is not as important as the flu epidemic to trigger that process...Actually, that'd the best way to reach to the potential finder...

Comment

Becky...do you recall what seat you were in on the flight?

Comment

Hi Kluau88,

My seat was 36D. It's the left aisle seat in the middle section of cabin. (The 4-seater section of the 3-4-3 layout) There's a guy sitting at the right aisle seat of this 4-seater middle section, while the two seats in between us were empty.

Comment

Have you checked with the airport... just in case somebody hands it to lost and found and did not indicate that it was from the plane?

Do hope you get your stuff back.

Comment

Working...
                            X