Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions about online booking (multi-city option)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about online booking (multi-city option)

I'm planning on traveling to the US later this year and I have some questions about booking online:

1) question about multi-city booking option:

a) Through-connection ticket (not sure if this is the right term)
    If I try and book a roundtrip US ticket, say X-SIN-HKG-SFO (where X is a point in SEAsia which I haven't decided on yet), I am usually given a rate of around USD1800 to USD2K for "flexi saver." The ticket conditions mention that "2 stopovers outbound and inbound are permitted" or something like that, but it does not explicitly mention if there is a fee to rebook, say if I want to stay in HKG a few days.

b) multi-city
    If I take the same itinerary as in (a), but use the multi-city booking tool to incorporate the stay in HKG (two or three-days stay, either on the outbound or inbound), then the price is higher by around USD200 thereabouts.

So my question is, why is (b) more expensive? Is it because the booking system "thinks" I am buying three coupons in the case of (b) and only two (a roundtrip at that) in the case of (a)?

Would it be more advisable then to just buy (a), then rebook to have that stay in HKG? Or would I still be charged a rebooing fee, or an amount to bring the total price closer to (b)?

2) "flexi saver" vs. "flexi"
    On one of my searches for a ticket to the US from SEAsia, I found that MNL-(SIN)-(NRT)-LAX flexi is cheaper (USD1846+) than flexi saver (USD1881+). Is this a computer glitch?

The flexi saver says "2 stopovers permitted outbound...and inbound,etc." while the flexi ticket says "one free stopover... USD75 for each additional..."

Thanks for any info!
Working...
X