Question about SQ26 FRA-JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SQ26 FRA-JFK

I just wanted to ask those of you who have used this flight before; how is the immigration line arriving on this flight at JFK?
    Are the lines still quite long or not that long since it's departing relatively early compared to other Trans-Atlantic flights?

The one time I've taken this flight, the ICS line was non-existant.. I was processed within about 10mins...

SQ26 arrives when there is little other international movement hence the "efficient" processing time...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
      The one time I've taken this flight, the ICS line was non-existant.. I was processed within about 10mins...

SQ26 arrives when there is little other international movement hence the "efficient" processing time...
      Thank you Gunnar. That's what I was hoping for. I just checked the Terminal 4 Arrival/Departures at JFK and it seems that there are very few international arrivals around that time.

Comment

I've been on this flight five or six times. The queue ranged between a few minutes and 60 minutes.

Comment

When I flew FRA-JFK at the end of December there was next to no queue at immigration. Bags came out quickly and was in a cab within 30 minutes of pulling up to the gate.

It was my first trip to New York and was absolutely blown away with how quick we got through!

Comment

I think even 60mins is a good run for an American airport

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
              I think even 60mins is a good run for an American airport
              Yes, I agree. I have spend 2 hours in Houston transiting from Mexico to Canada and almost missed my flight.
              LAX can also be a night mare at times.
              The best entry points I find are through the the pre-clearance facilities in Canada (most of the times), Seattle and San Francisco.
              I might have been just lucky at the last two due to our arrival times, there weren't many other flights.

Comment

In my experience this flight is great for immigration, 10 mins waiting. It does help to get quickly off the aircraft, as there are less immigration booths manned at this very early hour. If there are 350 people ahead of you it might take some more time.

I've never experienced JFK so quiet, enjoy it!

Comment

Early? At around 10:30am, even I find this past the 'early' stage of the morning

Comment

LOL, yes indeed. Early in the sense that it's early in the afternoon bank of European arrivals at T4. From LX16 onwards it does get rather busy at T4.

Comment

Working...
                    X