Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet discussion brewing on SQ girl's slippers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet discussion brewing on SQ girl's slippers?

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...729&sec=nation

As usual - poor journalistic reporting. I've never flown China Airways, has anyone of you?

Might have been aboard an Air China or China Airlines plane once or twice though

they attack on the slippers
    then say china airways girls are prettier?
    never heard of such airlines

Comment

Why did they add in the bit about "Malaysia stopping VOA" at the end? Don't think that has anything to do with the actual article.
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Must be a slow day for the editor.

Comment

The New Paper (today, 5 Aug) has a report complaining about SQ girls smoking in uniform at Changi (open air area). Don't understand why people are so against slippers or smoking in uniform.

Comment

I am assuming that the reporter is a china national?(If its not then i can't say anything ) If it is, he is providing a bias view on the topic of the looks of the Singapore Girls...As for the slippers...Why is he getting paid for writing ridiculous articles?

Comment

The writer ought to know that SQ Girl slippers aren't equal to beach flip flops.

Comment

Maybe the writer would rather SQ girls start wearing these with their kabayas?
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Why did they add in the bit about "Malaysia stopping VOA" at the end? Don't think that has anything to do with the actual article.
                  Read the bolded part below the article. This piece was actually a compilation of news from other newspapers, hence the VOA thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jani View Post
                    Read the bolded part below the article. This piece was actually a compilation of news from other newspapers, hence the VOA thing.
                    Fair enough but there is no link to the original story... If it was about SIN Immigration not issuing VOA's or if the story was about MH's CC, then I would understand.

Comment

I thought this was a foot fetish thread until I realised it's actually much more boring than that...

Comment

Firstly the article talks about an internet discussion brewing but no link to the said discussion is provided.

Secondly, the article switches focus right in the middle. Doesn't really make a lot of sense at all...

Thirdly, they aren't really slippers in the sense of flip-flops, they are pretty much look like the kind of footware the Peranakan ladies wear with their kebayas.. and the Peranakan kebaya is a proxy for a national costume in Singapore.

Probably written by an SQ hater from China.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit
                          Probably written by an SQ hater from China.
                          SQ hater ? The article only says:

A journalist, who stopped over at Singapore’s Changi Airport, stated that he was puzzled as to why the women wore slippers.

“It is inappropriate for stewardess to wear slippers,” wrote the reporter.

Besides the dressing, the reporter also compared the looks of China Airways and Singapore Airlines stewardess.

“In a nutshell, China Airways girls are prettier,” he added.
                          It's just an expression of an opinion like, e.g., SQ has the best service in the world. Nothing to get so worked up about!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            I've never flown China Airways, has anyone of you?
                            Wasn't that an "all cargo" airline started by the CIA?
                            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Crappy journalistic reportings are quite common nowadays, especially in this internet age.

Comment

Working...
                              X