Is business class travel on the rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is business class travel on the rise?

Just flown back to Australia on SQ245 on A330-300. Business class was completly full again.

Is this just happening on SQ245, on Australian flights or throughout the network. J

J on Indian flight had two spares seats.

How full has J class been on your recent flights?

There are much more frequent flyers than me on this site, but my last SQ flight in March (SQ 317) was 100% full in J. I changed my return flight home (SQ 318) the day before I flew and managed to bag the very last seat in J, so that was full in the end as well. That's on a premium route obviously, as A380 LHR-SIN-LHR, so will be interested to hear other SQ Talkers experiences on alternative routes in J

Comment

Originally posted by LottieM View Post
      There are much more frequent flyers than me on this site, but my last SQ flight in March (SQ 317) was 100% full in J. I changed my return flight home (SQ 318) the day before I flew and managed to bag the very last seat in J, so that was full in the end as well. That's on a premium route obviously, as A380 LHR-SIN-LHR, so will be interested to hear other SQ Talkers experiences on alternative routes in J
      I couldn't agree more, it was full on my way to BKK in Jun
      ________
      Silversurfer Reviews
      Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

My recent LAX-SIN, SIN-KIX, NRT-SIN and many CGK flights were 100% full in J.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunners View Post
          Just flown back to Australia on SQ245 on A330-300. Business class was completly full again.

Is this just happening on SQ245, on Australian flights or throughout the network.
          My flights LHR-SIN-PER, PER-SIN-LHR have all been 100% in J this year. Mind you SIN-PER and PER-SIN (A330) are busy flights, as are LHR-SIN and SIN-LHR. (A380) Last year was the same.

Comment

Both BA and LH have issued financial results recently and have included statements that they are seeing a rise in business class passengers so I would assume SQ is no different.

Comment

My J Class ride to Guangzhou was pretty empty the past 2 times I was on it last month, only 2-3 pax.

I guess it depends on sector/route, London, Hong Kong and Australia routes are always touted to be one of the most profitable as the loads are high.

Comment

My flights SIN-DME-IAH and return last May were 100% full in J as well.

Comment

I would think that if J loads were not good SQ would be less inclined to touch that route, given that they're always stressing that the front end of the plane makes a considerable amount of money for them.

Comment

In checking SQ loads for US-SIN-US this month, I noticed full loads in J on many days, including several weeks in advance and FC was a bit more full than I would have expected.

However, IME US carriers are not so full in J this spring and summer, either TATL oir TPAC, despite some fare specials.

Maybe the Singapore and other Asian economies are recovering faster than the US and Europe.

Comment

I think the loads have more to do with flight timing. Usually morning and evening flights are often full, and so do those flights that depart just before the onset of a long holiday.

Comment

While some flights are undoutedly chocca these days, others are definitely still not.

I flew MAN-(MUC)-SIN last weekend. 124 ex-MAN, which is in line with the numbers ex-MAN when we used to go via ZRH. It filled up ex-MUC but not completely and F was completely empty all the way. Last time I flew SQ327 there was only two in F and they were both ex-MAN. I hear the numbers in F to and from MUC have been a bit of a disappointment.

Sundays SQ231 to SYD was full in Y, 5 in F but only 20 in J.

Comment

SQ219 SIN-SYD yesterday was completely full.

Comment

I fly SIN - TPE, SIN - HAN and SIN to MNL recently on J. SIN - TPE was around 80%, while the return was full, SIN-HAN was pretty bad at around 50 - 60% to and fro, but SIN - MNL was full all the way...
                            Life's A Bitch,
                            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I just did SIN LHR SIN

24 Aug SQ 308 F=0pax J=18pax (42 J seats 773ER)
                              That is a PLF of 36% for F/J combined!!

01 Sep SQ 317 J=33 out of 60 (plus or minus 2 - my own count)
                              55% PLF for J. There were a couple of people in R.

All flights on those 2 days were not full.

Maybe it was just a mid week thing... but Y was 90+% full both flights

Comment

Working...
                              X