Transiting in HKG SQ-AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transiting in HKG SQ-AC

I'm have a SIN-HKG-YVR trip coming up where the SIN-HKG leg is booked on SQ and HKG-YVR is on AC. This is the first time I'm traveling where I'm booked on 2 separate airlines for one single trip.

I'm guessing that I have to collect my checked-in luggage at HKG and check-in again for my AC flight to YVR. Is this correct? If so, has anyone here done this and know what the procedure is and where to go? I've never been at HKG before so this is pretty new to me. Thanks in advance.

No, you can check your luggage through to YVR. No need to collect it in HKG.

Comment

How would that work though? Do I tell the check-in staff at Changi that I will be going to YVR and give them my AC flight number? And they would automatically load my luggage onto the AC flight at HKG?

Comment

Originally posted by mister__big View Post
        How would that work though? Do I tell the check-in staff at Changi that I will be going to YVR and give them my AC flight number? And they would automatically load my luggage onto the AC flight at HKG?
        If you have separate tickets, then yes, exactly like that. Tell them at Changi. If both flights are part of the same ticket, they'll do it automatically unless you ask them to check your luggage only to HKG.

Comment

Thanks a ton zvezda for your help!

Comment

Remember that it doesn't work the other way round... ie from AC - SQ or other airline if you don't have SQ flight on one ticket. AC won't interline to SQ unless it sees the reservation and ticket in one booking.

When you are checking in for your SQ flight, remember to have a printout of your onward AC flight. Even as seperate bookings, SQ will be able to interline and issue you a boarding pass.

Comment

I did a SIN-HKG-YVR last year with UA out of SIN connecting on to AC in HKG.

Upon arrival at HKG, there is an AC transfer counter with whom I checked just to make sure my baggage gets transferred. The lady took down my baggage check numbers, called her colleague in baggage and confirmed bags were being transferred.
              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
              X