No announcement yet.

Future Aircraft Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please order the 747-8...... Sin-Nrt-LAX needs a new aircraft soon... the 747-4 are so old now... jesus christ..

I cant believe how old they are..I heard it is the japanese gov not allowing sq to operate the whale jet from nrt to lax.

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
      Please order the 747-8......
      Unlikely.

Sin-Nrt-LAX needs a new aircraft soon... the 747-4 are so old now...
      Let's wait a few weeks or months and see what Boeing announce as a replacement for the 777-300ER.

jesus christ..
      ... Zeus, Apollo, Thor ....

I cant believe how old they are..
      SQ's remaining JumboJets are all less than 15 years old. Can you believe that DL/NW are still flying DC-9s that are more than 40 years old?

I heard it is the japanese gov not allowing sq to operate the whale jet from nrt to lax.
      That's the rumour we're all hearing. I haven't seen anything official on that.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        SQ will extend the A330-300 leases
        Grapevine says SQ will be accepting the 359 before the 789, so it's very likely that the 333 leases will be extended/

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Grapevine says SQ will be accepting the 359 before the 789....
          I posted several months ago that SQ may start getting the A350-900s before the 787-9s -- if the A350 programme delivers on time, which is looking doubtful right now. Regardless of which manufacturer manages to deliver one to SQ first, the deliveries will almost certainly overlap.

I'm looking forward to both the 787 and the A350. However, I believe it's very likely that after operational experience with both, SQ will choose one to form the backbone of their fleet for both regional and longhaul operations and quickly sell-off the other one (as they quickly sold off the A340-300s and standardized on 777s). The A350 looks likely to offer better payload/range performance for longhaul operations. The 787 might offer better operating economics for regional operations. Only if both advantages are great would it make sense for SQ to keep both types. Time will tell.
          Last edited by zvezda; 31 October 2010, 07:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

9V-SPM and 9V-SPN back in service

With 9V-SPM and 9V-SPN back in service, SQ now have more JumboJets in operation (9) than WhaleJets on order (8). This suggests to me that SQ may keep some of the JumboJets in service until delivery of aircraft that have not yet been ordered. I'm now more confident than ever that SQ will order long-haul aircraft in 2011. If Boeing don't announce soon what they'll do to improve the 777-300ER, then I think we'll see SQ exercise their 6 WhaleJet options.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but has Airbus implemented any of their performance improvements into their latest blocks of WhaleJet deliveries?

Comment

It was nice to see at least 3 744s, repainted with the bigger SQ font, sitting at T2 & 3 yesterday around 2100hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  Pardon my ignorance, but has Airbus implemented any of their performance improvements into their latest blocks of WhaleJet deliveries?
                  First delivery of the improved WhaleJet should be in 2012. It looks like she will be capable of SFO/LAX/NYC-SIN nonstop with a full passenger payload.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    First delivery of the improved WhaleJet should be in 2012. It looks like she will be capable of SFO/LAX/NYC-SIN nonstop with a full passenger payload.
                    how much extra range will it add?

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      how much extra range will it add?
                      I haven't seen anything official, but I'm hearing 250nm improvement in range at full passenger payload (525 passengers including luggage).

Comment

Interesting threat here.

Question here... After the retirement of their A310, I guess SQ has some "difficulty" on some on their regional route coz the B777 is too big to fly there frequently.

SUB was converted to MI route. I think follow by PEN. KUL is now mix between MI/SQ flight (not sure if this is additional slot of some SQ slot been converted to MI).

Surprisingly, SQ can still retain 7 flights daily to CGK. (Seems CGK is very important market to SQ, as it never been downsized)

With all "big" planes, can SQ still retain flying to those nearby cities with frequencies?

Will KUL be converted to all MI flights so it can run every hours?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                          Will KUL be converted to all MI flights so it can run every hours?
                          *G members (non-KF) would not be too happy about that as they would not be able to earn miles, use lounges, etc. if it went to a full MI service. SQ might then lose market-share from those wanting to fly to KUL on SQ metal from Europe.
                          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                            *G members (non-KF) would not be too happy about that as they would not be able to earn miles, use lounges, etc. if it went to a full MI service. SQ might then lose market-share from those wanting to fly to KUL on SQ metal from Europe.
                            I though the SUB flight is a MI service (MI221/225) with SQ-code share number (SQ5221/SQ5225) also.

You can still claim the mileage as it is SQ flight number right? No??
                            visit my blog

Comment

I though the SUB flight is a MI service (MI221/225) with SQ-code share number (SQ5221/SQ5225) also.

Not for *G. Plus (or is it minus) all the other things you lose when you fly MI instead of SQ.

Comment

It is and so are the other MI operated flights. But as pointed out no miles for non-KF *G members.
                                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                                X