First quarter profit of $253 million on higher revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First quarter profit of $253 million on higher revenue

SINGAPORE Airlines has posted a better-than-expected $253 million profit in the three months to end-June, reversing a loss of $307 million a year ago.

Total group revenue grew 20.7 per cent to $3.47 billion while total expenditure increased slightly by 0.8 per cent to $3.19 billion.

SIA which announced its results on Monday said it carried 4 million passengers during the three months, a 5.5 per cent increase from a year ago.

Capacity was almost unchanged which took load factor, which is a measure of the number of seats filled, to 78.4 per cent.

Earnings per share for the quarter was 21.2 cents, against a 26 cents loss last year, while net asset value as at June 30 was $11.56 compared to $11.30 as at March 31.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...se1QFY1011.pdf
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Silkair increasing flight frequency in northern winter schedule

SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, will be increasing the frequency of its flights to a number of regional destinations to keep up with growing demand for air travel in Asia. The changes will be reflected in the airline’s Northern Winter schedule (31 October 2010 to 26 March 2011).

An additional daily service will be introduced on the Singapore-Penang route, providing customers with a choice of four daily flights.

SilkAir will also be increasing capacity on the Singapore-Kuala Lumpur route with the addition of five flights per week on weekdays, bringing the total flight frequency to 42 flights per week.

Additionally, there will be an increase in the frequency of flights on the Singapore-Medan (from 14 to 15 flights a week), Singapore-Kuching (from 3 to 4 flights a week), Singapore-Kunming (from 2 to 3 flights a week) and Singapore-Siem Reap (from 8 to 9 weekly flights) routes.

Supplementary services will also be operated to cater for higher travel demand during the year-end peak season. There will be an increase in the number of services to Cebu (up to 8 weekly flights), Thiruvananthapuram (up to 4 weekly flights) and Kathmandu (up to 6 weekly flights) in December and January.

The Singapore-Bangalore flights will be re-timed from the current night departure to a daytime departure. This change would provide customers travelling to and from Bangalore with more flight connection options through the combined network of Singapore Airlines and SilkAir. The frequency of flights on this route will, however, be reduced from seven to five flights per week taking into consideration the time needed to build up the loads in this new time window.

My Travel Map

Comment

Bangalore loads were overestimated by SQ with the reduction in frequency, or did they realize that they can't operate SQ and MI on the exact same route with exact same timings and hope that MI goes equally as packed as SQ. I don't know why but I think MI is competing against AI on this route with their physical quality of seats

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
        I don't know why but I think MI is competing against AI on this route with their physical quality of seats
        Interestingly, AI's BLR flights appears to be cancelled almost everyday. Is it a permanent cancellation?

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          SINGAPORE Airlines has posted a better-than-expected $253 million profit in the three months to end-June, reversing a loss of $307 million a year ago.
          You do wonder why they seem so desperate to keep the previously unwanted QPP/TPP numbers up when things are clearly back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            Interestingly, AI's BLR flights appears to be cancelled almost everyday. Is it a permanent cancellation?
            Suspended through 15 August inclusive, then supposedly returns daily. Seasonal low traffic, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
            X