Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are all Singapore Airlines 777-200ER but some with derated engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zvezda
    replied
    Originally posted by CRJ View Post
    DEGRADED???!?!?! LOL!!!!
    Of course, the OP meant derated, not degraded.

Leave a comment:

• CRJ
    replied
    Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
    Hi,

Sorry i did look on the forums for this but i couldn't find it.

I am just wondering why SQ decided to purchase 777-200ER and degrade the engines on allot of them so they perform like a 777-200? Why didn't they purchase x amount of 777-200ER and x amount of 777-200?

Is the answer purely so they can convert them back to a 777-200ER if need be? or is there another reason?

Thanks
    DEGRADED???!?!?! LOL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sutrakhk
    replied
    This is a very smart decision of SQ, you can see many airlines are looking for SQ's 772ER, but none for CX's 772

Do you know the fuel capacity are the same for 777-200(not derated) and 777-200ER?

Leave a comment:

• zvezda
    replied
    It's not only the engines that are derated. The max takeoff weight of the aircraft is also derated. That reduced both purchase prices and operating costs (landing fees). The possibility of increasing thrust and MTOW by paying some money and doing some paperwork not only gave SQ some flexibility, but also greatly increased the resale value of the aircraft (compared to buying 777-200s) which is paying off now.

Leave a comment:

• Why are all Singapore Airlines 777-200ER but some with derated engines?

Hi,

Sorry i did look on the forums for this but i couldn't find it.

I am just wondering why SQ decided to purchase 777-200ER and degrade the engines on allot of them so they perform like a 777-200? Why didn't they purchase x amount of 777-200ER and x amount of 777-200?

Is the answer purely so they can convert them back to a 777-200ER if need be? or is there another reason?

Thanks
Working...
X