SIA to raise capacity during Northern winter on demand growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA to raise capacity during Northern winter on demand growth

SINGAPORE : Singapore Airlines has said it is raising capacity during the Northern winter period in response to further growth in demand for air travel.

The changes will result in higher frequency on selected routes.

SIA said capacity to and from Russia and the US will increase, with flights on the Singapore-Los Angeles and Singapore-Moscow-Houston routes operating daily.

Additional services will also be operated on routes plying destinations like Seoul, Osaka and Tokyo Haneda.

The airline will also raise capacity in Australia with a second daily Airbus A380 service, which replaces a smaller aircraft now flying the route.

- CNA/al
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Good to know that SYD is finally getting the additional 380 service.

Comment

N RESPONSE to greater passenger demand, Singapore Airlines (SIA) will increase flight frequencies in selected sectors.

The adjustments will take place during its Northern Winter schedule, from October 31 to March 26 next year, the carrier announced on Thursday.
      Click here to find out more!

For Japan, a three times per week service (SQ616/615) will operate between Singapore and Osaka, in addition to the current daily flights between the two cities. A new Tokyo Haneda service will also commence from October 2010, with twice-daily flights.

SQ608/609, which operates the Singapore-Seoul leg, will see its frequency upped from four to seven times a week, bringing SIA's total flights per week to the South Korean capital to 21.

Capacity to and from Russia and the United States will increase, with flights on the Singapore-Los Angeles and Singapore-Moscow-Houston sectors operating daily. SQ38/SQ37, the All-Business Class flight plying the Singapore-Los Angeles route, and SQ62/61, the service to Moscow and Houston, currently operate five times per week.

The current one-stop flights between Singapore and Istanbul via Dubai will meanwhile be replaced by a non-stop Singapore-Istanbul service. SQ490/491 will operate up to four times per week.

A separate Singapore-Dubai service, SQ494/495, will also be introduced at three times per week. As a result Dubai will be served 11 times per week.
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Who was the one who didn't believe me when I told them SIN-DME-IAH is going to be increased to daily ?

Haha..

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacen...ws/NE_2210.jsp

Comment

Where's the 77W coming from to do HND, increases to MUC/MAN and DME/IAH?

SYD frees up one for probably one HND cycle but the others?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Where's the 77W coming from to do HND, increases to MUC/MAN and DME/IAH?

SYD frees up one for probably one HND cycle but the others?
              I just realised I promised to do the 77W rotation cycle months ago for someone on SQT. Haven't got to it yet

Removing the 77W on the SQ231/222 cycle will free up a 21 hr block

Comment

I'm glad to see IAH going daily. Lots of speculation about that flight a year or so ago. No need to worry about now. The flight has been going gangbusters lately.

The cycle for SIN-DME-IAH-DME-SIN takes about 51 hours. Not sure where they're getting the extra aircraft from. Taking the 77W from SIN-SYD doesn't seem like it's enough.

Comment

All are not yet confirmed in the GDS except SQ038/037

Hopefully it will be updated soon (cause it's about time)
                  Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Standard F SQ231/232 for November dates (at least) redemptions still there... on '77W' using KF miles

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Standard F SQ231/232 for November dates (at least) redemptions still there... on '77W' using KF miles
                      Because SQ haven't change anything in the system right now. Should see the changes in few hours.
                      Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Was seriously contemplating buying J and KF redemption up to F but just can't bring myself to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          I just realised I promised to do the 77W rotation cycle months ago for someone on SQT. Haven't got to it yet

Removing the 77W on the SQ231/222 cycle will free up a 21 hr block
                          Based on my estimates

SIN-DME-IAH (3x)
                          SIN-LHR (2x)
                          SIN-ICN-SFO (2x)
                          SIN-HKG-SFO (2x)
                          SIN-MXP-BCN (2x)
                          SIN-FRA (2x)
                          SIN-MUC-MAN (2x)
                          SIN-HND (2x)
                          SIN-SYD (1x)
                          SIN-MEL (1x)
                          SIN-AKL (1x)
                          SIN-PEK (1x)
                          SIN-BOM (1x)
                          SIN-DEL (1x)
                          SIN-HKG (1x)

SQ needs about 24 77W but it has 19 77W.

But the aircraft that comes back from Frankfurt can operate to Delhi/Mumbai, so that crosses out one aircraft but that's a simplistic view.

The incoming plane from IAH/DME can operate to HKG/PEK.

so that leaves 22 77W needed.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                            Based on my estimates

SIN-DME-IAH (3x)
                            SIN-LHR (2x)
                            SIN-ICN-SFO (2x)
                            SIN-HKG-SFO (2x)
                            SIN-MXP-BCN (2x)
                            SIN-FRA (2x)
                            SIN-MUC-MAN (2x)
                            SIN-HND (2x)
                            SIN-SYD (1x)
                            SIN-MEL (1x)
                            SIN-AKL (1x)
                            SIN-PEK (1x)
                            SIN-BOM (1x)
                            SIN-DEL (1x)
                            SIN-HKG (1x)

SQ needs about 24 77W but it has 19 77W.

But the aircraft that comes back from Frankfurt can operate to Delhi/Mumbai, so that crosses out one aircraft but that's a simplistic view.

The incoming plane from IAH/DME can operate to HKG/PEK.

so that leaves 22 77W needed.
                            The way I see it would be SQ's hope to pack as tight a rotation as possible. I wouldn't be surprised that the bird returning as 863 continue as 636.

Hopefully no 77W goes tech...

Shall take a look at the winter schedule and see if I xan work out a possible rotation?

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                              Based on my estimates
                              Rather on the generous side of things.

SIN-LHR doesn't require 2 full frames, likewise for SIN-FRA. SIN-SYD/MEL also doesn't require full frames. SIN-HND will use 1 frame.

(1 frame = 24 hours block time)

As it is DME-IAH & MUC-MAN are 5x, going 7x will mean just increasing the daily utilisation of the 77Ws. Don't forget the transition from 77W -> 388 for CDG & ZRH freed up quite a bit of block hours. Going from 0x to 14x for HND will just mean packing a tighter rotation as suggested by SINFJ.
                              Last edited by Nick C; 24 July 2010, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X