Sq21 jfk to sin when can I check in luggage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sq21 jfk to sin when can I check in luggage

My son and I are planning trip to sin. He will fly to jfk from bos and I am flying fr jax in fl . Jetblue will not check through our luggage. We arr at 1300 and sq flight leaves at 2100. How early can I check in our. Luggage. We were thinking of going into new York city. I usually take the nonstop out of ewr, but this one out of jfk works better with our connections. How do the seats. In business compare? Thanks I know these are two separate questions.....

Welcome to SQTalk, chrismom.

I am not 100% sure how early you will be able to check-in and dump your luggage, but I would imagine it is around 3 hours in advance. With your timings if you can't check-in any earlier I would look at getting a room at one of the airport hotels where you can dump your bags then head off into the city.

The seats in Business on the 744's they use on the JFK flights are the older generation SpaceBeds, which are not as good as the flat seats you get on the A345's used on the nonstop from EWR but still pretty decent.

Comment

Hope you're aware that SQ21 is the EWR-SIN non-stop, not the JFK-FRA-SIN.

Comment

sorry, i am mixing up the two. I usually fly the ewr-sin nonstop, but this time my child is coming in from bos and the flight from bos to jfk is cheaper but maybe should get shuttle to ewr from jfk if checking in early is issue...

tia

Comment

Personally, I'd incur extra inconvenience to take the EWR-SIN with the new J seats over the Spacebed.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismom View Post
            My son and I are planning trip to sin. He will fly to jfk from bos and I am flying fr jax in fl . Jetblue will not check through our luggage. We arr at 1300 and sq flight leaves at 2100. How early can I check in our. Luggage. We were thinking of going into new York city. I usually take the nonstop out of ewr, but this one out of jfk works better with our connections. How do the seats. In business compare? Thanks I know these are two separate questions.....
            Hi. I have done the BOS to SIN (via JFK and FRA) route many times, even once using JetBlue. Here's some of my comments:

(1) Check-in counter opens around 6:30pm, sometimes around 6pm - you are unlikely to find someone to check-in your bags beforehand

(2) There is a place downstairs at the ground level where you can leave your bags. It's about $5 for bag if I remember correctly. Make sure you leave enough time to line up to pick up your bag - they're not the most timely

(3) JetBlue, the 2 times I've taken it, has usually arrived late into JFK - perhaps it's my bad luck, but you should probably not count on any more than 4 hours in the city (with transfer time, commute time etc.)

(4) Depending on where you are going, you may consider taking LIRR from JFK to Penn Station and back - I assume at the time you want to go back to the airport will be around rush hour.

(5) As said before, seats in the direct flight from EWR are better. (I would say much better, but that's a matter of preference). Check out Seatguru for configuration.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X