Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of a imminent upgrade to 9V-SV* series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of a imminent upgrade to 9V-SV* series?

seems like the long-haul flights to europe are still on the relatively older 772ers.. and the equally old entertainment systems..

Originally posted by christophercheangsl View Post
    seems like the long-haul flights to europe are still on the relatively older 772ers.. and the equally old entertainment systems..
    Erm .... the long hauler 772's going to europe are all SV birds. There are no SR/SQ birds going to europe, so I'm a little confused with your question? Welcome to SQtalk by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Erm .... the long hauler 772's going to europe are all SV birds. There are no SR/SQ birds going to europe, so I'm a little confused with your question? Welcome to SQtalk by the way.
      i apologise -

what i meant is that, is there any chance of the current 772-ers which are being used for sin-europe (copenhagen, amsterdam ..etc) to be flown with the new 773-er instead?

or is there not hot enough demand for the 773ers to be used, granted those with high demand such as zurich are already on the 773ers

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk

ZUR is now served by once daily A380s, replacing twice daily 77Ws.

Since 777-300ER have an F cabin, you have to ask yourself whether the European destination you're thinking of has a market for F seats

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Welcome to SQTalk

ZUR is now served by once daily A380s, replacing twice daily 77Ws.

Since 777-300ER have an F cabin, you have to ask yourself whether the European destination you're thinking of has a market for F seats
          i think its not only about the demand for F -

i wonder how high the load factors are on the J and Y cabins as well. eg, SIN-CPH is only 3 times weekly - is that a sign that demand on this route for example is already not very high?

and yes hello to all !

Comment

I suspect so. I guess they would rather have one full flight and miss some passengers rather than 2 flts with 75% each.

Yeah but with the current retrofitting of the 777-200s I guess it shld be more realistic to deploy them on the european routes rather than PVG or indian routes... Doesnt make much sense to me from the perspective of the customer.

What's your take?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
              I suspect so. I guess they would rather have one full flight and miss some passengers rather than 2 flts with 75% each.

Yeah but with the current retrofitting of the 777-200s I guess it shld be more realistic to deploy them on the european routes rather than PVG or indian routes... Doesnt make much sense to me from the perspective of the customer.
              your
              What's your take?
              Nothing being racisit but I smell a tinge of a newer product not suited for ah tiongs and keh lengs?... Remembering that an ah tiong once thought our Sentosa Cove properties were underpriced?

Comment

another possibility is the lack of competitors
                SIN-CPH - i think without SAS and the european carriers - SIA doesnt have to be worried about introducing a relatively inferior product. and i dont think there is strong demand for F as well, and unless SIA will want to introduce a 2 class aircraft with the new all-flat J class and economy class - that'll be a new layout though...

Comment

Don't think they will change it on the CPH route just yet but I for one would like to see a more frequent service to CPH allowing for less transfers to KRS with *A.
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

To OP. You just answered your own question with #8.

Originally posted by christophercheangsl View Post
                    SIA doesnt have to be worried about introducing a relatively inferior product. and i dont think there is strong demand for F as well

Comment

Working...
                    X