Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Concerns

I'm getting another headache...

I'm booked on SQ327 on 1st August. The schedule has now changed to allow a touchdown in Munich en route. The transfer time to my Hong Kong SQ860 flight is therefore now only 45 mins.

It would help to know in advance whether I need to go to a different terminal for the HK flight. I can't seem to find that information anywhere and would welcome any pointers.

SQ327 will arrive either at T2 or T3.

Your departure terminal for SQ860 at 0830am will be at T3. Skytrain ride from T2 to T3 will take about 5-10mins including waiting time. It is pretty fast I must say.

If you still feel insecure, if your ticket to Hong Kong is flexible, you can change it to SQ856 which is the A380, which departs at 0945am, just slightly over an hour more of waiting, you can do some quick shopping at Changi Airport too.
    Last edited by feb01mel; 10 June 2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I am assuming that the tickets were done in a single booking? You will have enough time even if SQ327 lands in T2 (normally T3, which is the same terminal SQ860 heads out from). If you are worried, talk to the Cabin Crew prior to landing and they might be able to arrange for a buggy to send you to the next gate if required (i.e. SQ327 comes in a bit later than expected).

Edit: Didn't realise feb01mel replied prior to me!
      Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 10 June 2010, 07:54 PM. Reason: ...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

If it's one ticket, you're protected, so as a worst case scenario, they'll put you on the next one, which is 856 at 9-ish am. It's also an A380, so you could do far worse

Comment

If you do land late and the doors for SQ860 have closed, you're not at fault, assuming you're travelling on the same ticket.

Btw do you have any checked bags? I'm not sure your bags can be transfered within 45 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Btw do you have any checked bags? I'm not sure your bags can be transfered within 45 minutes.
            At Changi, assuming no delays on the first leg? Why not?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              They will easily make it at Changi. I have had bags make it with less than 15 minutes in years gone by before the '10 minutes' gate limit was introduced.

Comment

The check-in lady in KUL once told me that 40 mins connection with checked bags is too "tight" - your bags won't make it in time. Guess she was wrong!

Comment

Thanks for the information folks. We have tickets through to HK, so sounds like we'll have no problems even if we do miss the connection. Maybe the checked luggage will make it too......

Comment

Working...
                  X