Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use the personal in-seat telephone before ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    From memory, the recipient has to enable seat to seat calling in order to receive your call - you can't simply decide to call Mr. 2A for example just to say hello and ask how his satay is!
    That would be very funny though!

Think of all those telephone marketing opportunities...

Or even feedback to SQ

Comment

Originally Posted by nickbot
      From memory, the recipient has to enable seat to seat calling in order to receive your call.
      So how do you enable seat to seat calling and do you still have to pay? If you don`t pay I will try it out on my next trip, otherwise it will be easier just to walk to the other seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
        So how do you enable seat to seat calling and do you still have to pay? If you don`t pay I will try it out on my next trip, otherwise it will be easier just to walk to the other seat.
        It's been quite some time since I've flown SQ and looked at the options in KrisWorld, but there was definitely an option in there. Sure someone who flies more frequently than I do will be able to remember/verify. Not really such a useful feature IMHO though!

Comment

From memory, the recipient has to enable seat to seat calling in order to receive your call - you can't simply decide to call Mr. 2A for example just to say hello and ask how his satay is!
          oh dam. I take it there isnt the option to call the flight deck either

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
            That would be very funny though!

Think of all those telephone marketing opportunities...

Or even feedback to SQ
            Most of them wont pick the phone as :

1. The audible ring of the phone is faint and masked by a/c noise.

2. They dont know whats ringing as they have no idea someone is trying to call their seat and they can answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
              It's good when u travel with kids who may be in different class or different deck.
              Just an intercom, don't think there'll be charges, if there is, how're they going to charge?

Care to call me?

Comment

Aye carumba, my plans foiled again!!

Comment

I had to make an urgent call so I used the inseat phone, and you won't want to know how much that 2 minute call was.

Here's a hint from the IFE mag
                  Calls are US$0.59 per six second block (with a minimum charge of US$5.90 for the initial minute)

Comment

I was a bit drunk and thought it would be fun to call someone from the air one day, but the thing wouldn't read my card so i gave up.

Ive done webcam chat on a UA flight with wifi JFK/LAX - I found that pretty cool!
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Yes, that part is true, more so when Mr. 2A might actually be a lady

But yeah, Ms 2A has to enable it first

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
                        It's good when u travel with kids who may be in different class or different deck.
                        Now you are giving me ideas...

Comment

I've tried seat-to-seat calling with a friend onboard. It's free but the person you're calling has to enable the function first. However with the a/c noise you'd be better off walking to the person's seat and talking face-to-face.

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
                            Care to call me?
                            Sure, but the first call will be to SQflyergirl.

Comment

I'm gonna try the seat to seat call with my partner on a flight to LHR tonight. I'm in Y, he's in J

Comment

post deleted
                                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X