Reimbursement Vulcanic Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reimbursement Vulcanic Ashes

Has anyone gotten their reimbursement for any claims related to the Vulcanic Ashes Interruption in Europe?

Whenever it comes to handling exceptional cases, SQ just sucks.

I tried to make their lives easy, put together a nice table listing all expenses and when and why incurred. Send them all receipts nicely sorted and a nice cover letter as well.

What should I expect as a PPS flying in J?

After two weeks I got a one-liner as a letter: Thank you for your baggage claim (!?!?), please allow us two weeks for settlement.

After another three weeks, I get a new letter: If you want to claim anything, you need to fill in our form and you have to submit the original receipts (????).

Called PPS hotline and complaint, faxed over the forms and after another week got an e-mail: We found your receipts, please be patient.

Nothing up to today from SQ...

I had one cancelled flight from LH reimbursed within 1 week of cancellation. It was booked in Germany. Took 1 email and one phone call to put into effect. Very polite. Even had a call from local office to ask if everything was satisfactory. Rating:

I had one cancelled MH flight which I have yet to be reimbursed despite them telling me it was already done. 4 unaswered emails. 3 beat around-the-bush phone tai-chi. No money yet. Rating:

I had one SQ flight cancelled but was put on next flight out of FRA, hence no claim but overall satisfied with ground service and support. Rating:

Comment

It is now 3 months since my cancelled MH flight and guess what?

Not only did I not get a reimbursement but after being shunted from one person to another, I got billed a second time for the cancelled flight!

Phone calls to head office has been useless as they can't figure out what happened. Emails all ignored!!!

I called Amex to dispute the charge and they are now investigating. Sheesh!!

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
        It is now 3 months since my cancelled MH flight and guess what?

Not only did I not get a reimbursement but after being shunted from one person to another, I got billed a second time for the cancelled flight!

Phone calls to head office has been useless as they can't figure out what happened. Emails all ignored!!!

I called Amex to dispute the charge and they are now investigating. Sheesh!!

Post your complaint on FlyerTalk under Other Asian Airlines.. there is a Malaysia Airlines Customer Rep who reviews the thread quite diligently. And you get a faster response there than writing directly to MH apparently!

Comment

Working...
        X