X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check-in Experience Simplified

Check-in Experience Simplified

01 June 2010

Singapore Airlines customers who check in online and travel without check-in baggage can now look forward to a streamlined check-in experience, with the Airline partnering Changi Airport Group to introduce the Passenger Reconciliation System (PRS) for its flights at Terminals 2 and 3 from 1 June.

Currently, customers with self-printed boarding passes are required to present their travel documents at the check-in counters for verification and endorsement. This is the case even for customers who travel without check-in baggage. Only after all documents have been verified can customers then proceed to the immigration access point.

With PRS, customers departing Changi Airport without check-in baggage can proceed directly to the immigration access point, where security officers with 2D barcode scanners will verify their self-printed boarding passes.

Customers who have visa or credit card verification requirements will, however, still need to present their documents at the check-in counters first. These customers should proceed to the designated self-service counters at Row 9 in Terminal 2 and Row 4 in Terminal 3.

To ensure a smooth travel experience, customers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 40 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.

Presently, close to a quarter of Singapore Airlines’ customers check in online and over a third of these customers print their own boarding passes. These numbers have increased significantly over the years and PRS is one way through which the Airline aims to enhance the travel experience for this growing segment of customers.

For more information on PRS, please visit singaporeair.com.

FAQs

Passenger Reconciliation System at Changi Airport

FAQs

Who can use Passenger Reconciliation System (PRS)?

You can use the PRS facility at Singapore Changi Airport if:
    * You have performed Internet Check-in and printed your boarding passes online
    * You do not have check-in baggage
    * You do not have any visa requirements for the country you are travelling to
    * You are not required to present your credit card for verification at the counter
    * You are not traveling to Australia and New Zealand

Why do Australia and New Zealand bound passengers still have to turn up at the check-in counters despite having no baggage?

The Australia and New Zealand immigration authorities require airlines to ensure that passengers have with them a valid visa as well as the correct passport that they had used to apply the visa.

How do I know if I am able to use the PRS service?

There is a message on the self-printed boarding pass that says “Visa not required for <country> passport”, where <country> is the issuing country of your travel document. You will need to bring along the travel documents with which you have performed your internet check-in.

When can I use the service?

You may use this service within 12 hours of your flight’s departure, up to 40 minutes before your flight departure.

The message on my self-printed boarding pass informs me to proceed to the check-in counter but I am late, can I go directly to Immigration?

No, if you proceed to the entrance of immigration/departure lounge, the scan of your self-printed boarding pass will be unsuccessful and you will be unable to enter the immigration/departure lounge.

Can I use this PRS service if I printed my boarding passes from the Auto-Check-in machines?

This service is, at present, available only for passengers who have checked in online and printed their own boarding passes.

Comment

Oh!
      So that was why there were scanners at the entrance to immigration!

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        With PRS, customers departing Changi Airport without check-in baggage can proceed directly to the immigration access point, where security officers with 2D barcode scanners will verify their self-printed boarding passes.

Customers who have visa or credit card verification requirements will, however, still need to present their documents at the check-in counters first. These customers should proceed to the designated self-service counters at Row 9 in Terminal 2 and Row 4 in Terminal 3.
        It's about time SQ got this under control. The whole print-BP-but-go-to-checkin-counter matter made the PYOBP process farcical, IMHO; I'm surprised many people* did it.

About the latter part of the second bit: is that due to the prevalence of credit card fraud in Asia? I'm curious why that step is omitted in BA's system, for example. (There's a counter for the visa check in LHR T5.)

*If you can call a third of a quarter 'many'.
        Last edited by jjpb3; 2 June 2010, 02:08 AM.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

deleted
          Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            It's about time SQ got this under control. The whole print-BP-but-go-to-checkin-counter matter made the PYOBP process farcical, IMHO; I'm surprised many people* did it.

*If you can call a third of a quarter 'many'.
            Absolutely, and it's why I rarely bothered.

A welcome if long overdue improvement.

Comment

I never printed my BP anyway so I could still change my seat at the last minute if any seats were freed up (they never did). And why print your own when SQ can give you a nice one?

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                I never printed my BP anyway so I could still change my seat at the last minute if any seats were freed up (they never did). And why print your own when SQ can give you a nice one?
                Yeah, fully agree, I also do not print an A4 size boarding pass which you need to fold to keep into your pocket or bag, the SQ boarding pass just fits right into my shirt pocket.

Comment

Working...
                X