Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Rumour] SQ to fly to Tel-Aviv Israel (TLV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway confirm non-event as SQ will not fly to to TLV for quite cometime to come - if it ever does so.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      As far as i'm concerned, we Malaysians aren't and will not anytime soon be allowed into Israel.

Though I agree SQ may have a problem with their Malaysian crew to Israel, but I think the solution is simple - send other crew there.
      Actually, it is possible to get into Israel. The Malaysian churches organise tours to Israel all the time. You won't get a chop on your passport. You get a special permit to enter. But your passport is still required to identify you.
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
        If you really have a US passport, you know the difficulties you get when that passport with stamps passes through several countries, CBP included. You won't be denied entry but definitely a secondary at least.
        I understand each German citizen can have 2 passports issued to him so that he can avoid such issues.

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
          not that simple. unless the airlines wishes to have a whole set of crew out of tlv specifically for that route. And catering might also be a problem. Ever tasted jewish food? or kosher? Now picture the logistics of doing that food for over 100 pax per flight.
          post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:25 AM.

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
              I understand each German citizen can have 2 passports issued to him so that he can avoid such issues.
              Quite a few European countries practise that actually. It's also to do with the freedom to travel while one passport is at an embassy waiting for a visa.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                Indeed, the preparation of truly kosher food requires a rabbi to be present. An acquaitance of my stresses that it is this that makes it truly kosher ... It would certainly be possible for SQ to do this, but really, would they? Given how tight they seem to be at the moment!
                Actually, they're quite generous with the Kosher products, especially in F...

I did a mini-report on that somewhere, will link to it later..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Actually, they're quite generous with the Kosher products, especially in F...

I did a mini-report on that somewhere, will link to it later..
                  Can imagine a strong smoky odor filling the cabin during meal time...
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

It would be typical I spend 3.5 years living in Israel and as soon as I leave SQ start to fly there. Although personally I think it would be unlikely, it would be possible. There are very few flights east bound out of TLV so it really is an untapped market. As Kyo has reported SQ already does kosher meals so that is not a problem. Israeli immigration has gone all computerised in the last couple of years and although they do normally still stamp your passport, they can not stamp it at all on request (no need to have a separate piece of paper for them to stamp). So I'm sure that it would not be a problem not stamping the SQ flight crews passports.

Comment

Why not fly though somewhere else? With TLV as a destination?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                        Can imagine a strong smoky odor filling the cabin during meal time...
                        Nothing like waking up at 5am to some grilled/salted/smoky fish, I tell ya!

Here's the link: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...?t=8046&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                          Quite a few European countries practise that actually. It's also to do with the freedom to travel while one passport is at an embassy waiting for a visa.
                          Correct. I have had two passport's for over ten years for just this reason.

Comment

Working...
                          X