New (Not Very Good) Tastes and Smells Onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (Not Very Good) Tastes and Smells Onboard

Ok... so it has been around 6 weeks since my last SQ run... but I noticed some new Mouthwash - horrible tasteless flavor now - at least with the old wash you knew you were alive

And whats the go with the new hand wash soap.. chemical smelling and not real flash at all.

Should point out this was my normal BNE-SIN run on the A330.

Just realizing this post is a little strange... but hell we all go to the toilet in the air right? ok this is getting worse... will stop now... i am tired.

Epic post... and proves my previous post about SQ being more about cutting corners now.

Comment

Hygeine?

I simply can't understand why anyone, under any circumstances, would want to use a public mouthwash? A small volume personal supply, which I always manage to get on board despite security, or a large cognac, would be so much more hygeinic?
      Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
          I simply can't understand why anyone, under any circumstances, would want to use a public mouthwash? A small volume personal supply, which I always manage to get on board despite security, or a large cognac, would be so much more hygeinic?
          Do you swig directly from (i.e., wrap your lips around) the container (which I recall is a pump dispenser)? I guess in that case, the small cups meant to be used by passengers serve no purpose.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Do you swig directly from (i.e., wrap your lips around) the container (which I recall is a pump dispenser)? I guess in that case, the small cups meant to be used by passengers serve no purpose.
            I for one sure hope not. My next trip I will be taking the top off before putting it in the cup. If you where to wrap your lips around the pump end and pump straight into your mouth, it would be a bit strong, I`m sure you are ment to water it down.

Comment

Yes, I prefer to use my own mouthwash as well. Those little Molton Brown bottles are perfect... and a little too minty-tasty, I must admit...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Yes, I prefer to use my own mouthwash as well. Those little Molton Brown bottles are perfect... and a little too minty-tasty, I must admit...
                post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                  Epic post... and proves my previous post about SQ being more about cutting corners now.
                  Cutting corners? Mmm...use to have birthday gifts, got a crystal vase, pens, trolley bag etc. Even had free magazine sent to home.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Yucks, wrap the lips round the container! No way.

Comment

I did notice the change in mouthwash as well on recent flights. Perhaps cost cutting, but perhaps there's more to it. I note on the bottle it is clearly stated that it is Alcohol Free - I know the old mouthwash did have alcohol (hence more of a "sting" with the old mouthwash than the new.

Perhaps this move is to cater for cultural/religious sensitivities, especially to the SE Asia and Middle Eastern customers?

Comment

Fairly sure the old range of mouthwash was also alcohol free... just a more potent mix.

In terms of other questions on swigging from bottle.. its a pump pack and there are cups.. but you have now got me going i don't think i will use it any more.

Comment

Isn't it already two or three months since the different mouthwash thingo? I recall it's been quite awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Isn't it already two or three months since the different mouthwash thingo? I recall it's been quite awhile...
                            No Kyo, it is just recently that they change this.

Even the J class toothbrushes are now of a slightly different design, if anyone did notice.

Comment

ok so this is freaking me out, would people actually stick their lips around the dispenser?!?!?! WTF!!!!!
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                              X