77W business + first seat refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77W business + first seat refurbishment

Not sure if anyone else noticed on any other 77W aircraft, but last night on SQ378 the aircraft had refurbished business and first seats? Same seats however the difference being the foot rest/fold down ledge and side cushion pannels in what used to be a grey/beige/purple fabric, has now been changed to leather matching the colour of the seat cover.

Looks nice but when the bed is deployed the bed sheet velcro fastenings (at the corner ends) will not stick to leather to hold the sheet in place....

I guess SQ are progressively appying the update as part of their planned maintenance. For sure as noted on this forumn some of the aircraft cabins are looking a little tired.

I do have some pictures but cannot post a URL (sorry).

I'd like to be able to see what you mean by the velcro not fastinging to leather... bit of a fuzzy memory here...

Comment

The original seats had velcro tabs in order for the sheets to "stick" onto them.

I think what AsiaCommuter is saying is that the leather seats are being changed.

The new seats don't have the velcro strips for the sheets.

Did you get the rego of the a/c you were on, AsiaCommuter?

Comment

I actually noticed that on my recent A380 flight on SQ317 (9V-SKB) and SQ322 (9V-SKD). When I passed by the Business class cabin, I saw that all the Business class footrests now match the seat's color.

Comment

Footrests on the A380 J have been refurbished too.

Not just colour actually, it's now a PVC (not leather) covering instead of cloth, as asiacommuter noted. It's been in place since March.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
            Footrests on the A380 J have been refurbished too.

Not just colour actually, it's now a PVC (not leather) covering instead of cloth, as asiacommuter noted. It's been in place since March.
            Won't last. PVC will tear in no time with people's foot / shoe resting on it.

It is not only the footrest that looked tired. The armrests and even the seat itself seem worn the last 2 times I flew the 77W. Dirty too. I think the light beige is really tough to keep looking fresh.

Comment

Hi Guys,

What I meant (and a very small detail), and guess not so easy to explain was...

When the bed is deployed (flat), the underside of the seat is fabric covered, which in turn has a beige sheet afixed with velcro, my note was at the feet end of this sheet when extended there are some small velcro fastenings which you can use to hold the sheet by fixing to the foot rest/fold down ledge and side cushioning. The result is the sheet can remain stretched and flat for sleeping (I am super particular when I deploy the bed). However this is no longer possible with the fake leather PVC they have used to cover the foot rest/fold down ledge and side cushioning, as velco will not stick.

No unfortunately I do not know the registration of the aircraft. I knew they started to refurbish the 380s but this was the first time on noticed on a 77W.

For sure the rest of the 77W cabins components are also rather tired, damanged hand rests, worn seats, broken table housing the list goes on.....

Cheers

Comment

Found two pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sutanto...7622056325307/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sutanto...7622056325307/

Comment

Working...
                X